2 dead pixels :(

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mikejd1, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

Ugh. Shiny new white iPad with two dead pixels. Anyone know what best buys replacement policy is for dead pixels??

2. mcfinch macrumors member

That's why you don't buy apple they have a crappy pixel replacement policy. They think that they are normal.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1721?viewlocale=en_US

3. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. UScr00ge macrumors newbie

Just one here, but in the middle of the screen. Genius bar appt tomorrow for me.

My iPad 1 had 2 as well. Best Buy exchanged it, no questions asked.

5. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Will theY exchange it day after launch? Do they even have exchange units??

6. shstiger2009 macrumors 6502

What?? That is for things before 2010. And we are on an Apple forum, and you're telling him to not buy anything from Apple? What??

OP, you can exchange if you'd like. I would.

7. UScr00ge macrumors newbie

Can't speak for your local store, but mine will exchange if they have a replacement in stock and you are within 14 days.

8. ozred macrumors 6502

So true.

I've been lucky but my wife has not. Apple effectively tells us to get lost.

Premium product my ---

9. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have had good luck in the past by saying "OK, then just process this as a return" In two cases they just found a manager and replaced on the spot.

This did not work on my custom order Macbook a few years ago, which is why my new macbook was a stock order rather than custom . . .

10. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

One dead pixel on mine and one spot that's brighter than it should be. Can only notice on a white background. I can deal with it for now, I'll bring it back to the Apple store once things quiet down.

11. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll give it a shot tomorrow

12. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Yeah, dead pixels are annoying, and I have one on my 32" LCD TV, but I can live with it. Of course, with Apple products, you place a higher value on them, so I would exchange it.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I just noticed one the first time I got to a solid black screen. Hard to ignore on solid black or white. Target has a 90 day exchange policy, so I can go back next week and see what I can do. When you spend $700 you don't deserve a dead pixel. This is only the second product I've ever noticed it with.

14. aplqna macrumors 6502

Well, that's not really the point. Worrying about a dead pixel on a 32-inch TV is ridiculous as you would never notice it at normal viewing distance. The iPad is a much smaller device, does not have a retina display, and is held fairly close to the user's face. Not to mention its cost.

15. dstar macrumors regular

My iPad 2 developed two dead pixels side-by-side. Didn't see them yesterday, but they're here now.

Guess this will be going back. Went through the same damn thing with the iPad last year.