Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
It was inevitable. Marty owns a 5-13 (If I'm not mistaken) in the post season.
He's like the Peyton Manning of Head Coaches (I don't think I can make that comparison anymore though. Ok he's Pre-Peyton winning the SB). Can get it done in the regular season, but just can't get it done when it really counts.

So, I don't know if it's too early to ask but.... is it football season yet?

Well if he is Peyton pre SB wouldn't you give the guy some more time to win that Super Bowl?

Yeah he has not shown that he is a winner in the post season but this year he had a young QB and he lost to the Pats which are known winners in the post season. I say they should have let him have more time. He would have figured it out for the post season. I understand the personal problems are what caused the firing. I would have been okay with them firing him a month ago for these reasons but they waited to late to fire him now.

fotografica

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Boston
It was inevitable. Marty owns a 5-13 (If I'm not mistaken) in the post season.
He's like the Peyton Manning of Head Coaches (I don't think I can make that comparison anymore though. Ok he's Pre-Peyton winning the SB). Can get it done in the regular season, but just can't get it done when it really counts.

So, I don't know if it's too early to ask but.... is it football season yet?

With some of the decisions/play calls he made in the Pat's game,he should be fired. He had all that talent,the MVP of the league,home field,number one seed and lost.His problem has never been winning.His problem has been winning in the post season,when it counts..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.