Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Logic Board or Graphics Card?

• Graphics Card

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Logic Board

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonCosman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
Saint John, NB
Hello everyone. New to to the forum.

I just got a new logic board off eBay. Doesn't come with the Graphics Card but I have one. I cannot seem to get the system to boot unless into Safe Mode. I can do things like surf web but there are purple lines and pink screen at startup / very slow. Replaced Hard drive, no luck, cleaned logic board for signs of corrosion near power source. Seemed to be only spot. Fired it up and still pink screen with apple logo/loading bar then grey screen till infinity.

Anyone know if this is just the logic board or would it be Graphics card too? I think its just the Graphics card.

**I also have all 4 led lights turned on at startup**

JonCosman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2016
Saint John, NB
Thanks for reply. I ended up removing Logic board and then removed the GPU. soaked it in Isopropyl Alcohol and then baked it for 10 minutes at 375 Fahrenheit. (I know what your thinking haha). Anyway it worked and the machine runs like new. Too bad i ordered a new logic board for nothing. 50$ but still. Im in Canada so, I'll be able to sell it for a loot more haha.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.