Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trollking

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Ordered mine with the 3.2 chips and 8800 first day, expected ship Feb 13th, Delivery Feb 14th

Think some of the delay on that is 10.5.2 also. That is where the 8800s drivers are as posted in other threads. Which means not only do they have to finish coding 10.5.2 but then they have to install it on all the backordered computers that are supposed to ship with the 8800. My guess is that 10.5.2 will be at least a week after MacWorld.... not sure how many Apple staffers who are currently at MacWorld will have to have input on the update getting finished.

I am hoping that they aren't offering a computer with hardware they don't either have on hand or know when they are going to get.

need someone with the scoop on NVIDIA shipping and supplies :)

dblester

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
ordered mine last night

Two 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
2GB (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRELESS KEYBD/ OS X
Country Kit
Ships by: Feb 21!
Delivers by: Feb 27!

feb 21 thats 6 weeks from now i dont want to wait that long!

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Ordered mine with graphics card update, ship by 21-Feb. Arrives... ha... 4-Mar. I don't know where its going to get lost for those 2 weeks.
Anyways, I've waited 7 years to buy a brand new mac so I can wait, though admittedly I am impatient knowing it will eventually show up.

:p

mrbc19

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
I ordered the stock on the 8th, it shipped on the 12th, and got to me on the 15th. Probably could have arrived sooner, but the 12th was a Friday.

Got it last night and was up till midnight playing with it (that's late for me on a "work" night!). It's an awesome machine!

mrcandy

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2007
Calgary, AB Canada
Ordered mine on Tuesday AM as well, stock build except for upgrade to wireless keyboard and MM. Original ship dates were Jan 11-15. As of noon today it's still not flagged as shipped - guess I'll be getting the same email tomorrow.:(

As expected, I got the "unexpected delay" email from Apple this morning. Dates have slipped by a week and now says shipping by Jan 18 to Jan 23.

sirris101

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2008
As expected, I got the "unexpected delay" email from Apple this morning. Dates have slipped by a week and now says shipping by Jan 18 to Jan 23.

Hey mrcandy, sorry to hear about your delay. Do let us know when it ships.

I'm curious, what is "MM"?

VanMan

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
Waiting in Canada

I ordered my dual quad-core the day the new Mac Pros were announced. My only change to the stock format was swapping a 750 GB hard drive for the stock 320. Originally slated to ship January 11-15. Like mrcandy I got the "unexpected delay" e-mail yesterday. Now says January 18-23 as a ship date.

mrcandy

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2007
Calgary, AB Canada
I ordered my dual quad-core the day the new Mac Pros were announced. My only change to the stock format was swapping a 750 GB hard drive for the stock 320. Originally slated to ship January 11-15. Like mrcandy I got the "unexpected delay" e-mail yesterday. Now says January 18-23 as a ship date.

VanMan I'm in Calgary - maybe this delay is a Canada thing. Previously when I've ordered from the online Apple store the item has shipped from California. Others in this thread are reporting their MP's as arriving (even those ordered after the first day) so I don't understand why they'd ship to US destinations but not Canada:mad:

Juliebeanny

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
Sigh. Six weeks

Here is my configuration:

MAC PRO CTO

Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
2GB (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit
Ships by: Feb 22
Delivers by: Feb 28

Does anyone think it will be sooner?

Bass108

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2007
question.

did anyone get a new macpro with a raid card yet???

i'm curious if there is a wait for 10.5.2 as well or maybe there is just a huge backorder. cause i'm due for around feb 13th as well.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
My Mac Pro is due to arrive in New Orleans tonight, and I called FedEx to have them hold it for me at the destination - I'm gonna go pick it up tomorrow morning, rather than wait half the day to get it ;)

-Bryan

mrcandy

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2007
Calgary, AB Canada
My order status has now moved to "Prepared for Shipment", so it looks like they'll make the earliest of the revised shipping dates. Hopefully gets here on Tuesday.

VanMan I'm in Calgary - maybe this delay is a Canada thing. Previously when I've ordered from the online Apple store the item has shipped from California. Others in this thread are reporting their MP's as arriving (even those ordered after the first day) so I don't understand why they'd ship to US destinations but not Canada:mad:

cineapple

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
My order status has now moved to "Prepared for Shipment", so it looks like they'll make the earliest of the revised shipping dates. Hopefully gets here on Tuesday.
..and you ordered the 8800 GT?!? This could be great news if so! I have been waiting over 3 years to finally upgrade to my new New Mac Pro with the 8800 GT card I just ordered. The 3-5 week additional wait was about the last thorn I could take on this.

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
8x3.0ghz with 8800, due to ship on feb 20th.. Like most others, I very much hope they have overstated out wait..

aibo

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2008
Southern California
..and you ordered the 8800 GT?!? This could be great news if so! I have been waiting over 3 years to finally upgrade to my new New Mac Pro with the 8800 GT card I just ordered. The 3-5 week additional wait was about the last thorn I could take on this.
his sig says he ordered it with the HD 2600 XT

Quash

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
octo 2.8 with 8800GT and wifi

shipped 21st of feb coming the 26th

Damn it's a long wait.:(

Hypnotoad

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2008
octo 2.8 with 8800GT and wifi

shipped 21st of feb coming the 26th

Damn it's a long wait.:(

I ordered a CTO MP on Jan 08 with the 8800GT and single CPU and the expected ship-by date was Feb 13. I couldn't wait that long... My 1.8 PowerMac G5 is getting old in the tooth. I cancelled my order last night and plan on buying a stock machine at the local Apple Store, if they have them.
But, wow, $2800 is one hell of a lot of money for a computer! :mad:

kps

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2008
kw.on.ca
My order status has now moved to "Prepared for Shipment"
As has mine. Hope it gets out today so it can travel on the weekend.

But, wow, $2800 is one hell of a lot of money for a computer! :mad:

I would have preferred a desktop-class machine, but I expect to keep this for a while. (My current desktop is a G4/350 -- a model Apple sold for all of a month and a half. Yikes!)

My first PC clone cost $3000 -- 33MHz, 2M RAM, 60M disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.