2009/2010 Macbook pro, mini CD stuck in drive

ruk110

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
England
Hi all, my sister has a macbook pro and she for some stupid reason has decided to put in a small compact disk ( as in those small 3 inch ones ) into her superdrive and now it is stuck in there, obviously applecare will not cover this and paying to get it removed it going to cost an arm and a leg, any ideas or anyone else come across this problem?

DIMEZ

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
MD
Hi all, my sister has a macbook pro and she for some stupid reason has decided to put in a small compact disk ( as in those small 3 inch ones ) into her superdrive and now it is stuck in there, obviously applecare will not cover this and paying to get it removed it going to cost an arm and a leg, any ideas or anyone else come across this problem?
wow...keep us updated

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
I had a physically defective DVD (bad plastic moulding of hub) stuck in my iMac. I took it into the nearby Apple Store and they removed it, no charge. I do have AppleCare.

anon111

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
Mini

I inserted a mini-disc into the cd/dvd drive of my Macbook Pro (my 2nd one in a year, after the first got trashed when a cup of coffee spilt over it!), assuming that Mac computers being so super duper, they could handle anything!! Obviously they can't. But then no-one's perfect.

Thankfully, just few forceful shakes with the computer turned on it's side, cd/dvd drive facing downwards got the mini-disc out. Stress!!!!

helga16

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2011
For anyone reading this thread as I did in the same situation.

I'd highly recommend taking into an apple store. They sorted it out so quickly and for free. It took a couple of days to get an appointment but once there it was so simple.

Before that I tried lots of methods I read about online. Inserting other CD's, cards, card with sticky sided cellotape, putting it upside down, lots of turning it on and off etc. Even thought about tweezers etc. Wasted loads of time with no success and also was very worried that my not successful, getting more and more frustrated, efforts had done it more damage.

I took it into the shop. They got it out in 2 mins. They have a special tool to do it it. He took it out back, came back straight away with the Cd in hand. No charge. No damage done.