Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Changes coming to the Mac Pro line are about to be revealed.

Funny, that no one mentioned this is all the hype prior to the keynote speech.

What else can it be but 8 core i7 processors as a new option...

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If you were to actually search or do any research at all, you would know that there are no rumors because no chips exist.

Gainestown isn't in production yet. The chips that are out now, dubbed "Core i7", are desktop enthusiast chips.

Apple uses no desktop chips in any computers.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Changes coming to the Mac Pro line are about to be revealed.

Funny, that no one mentioned this is all the hype prior to the keynote speech.

What else can it be but 8 core i7 processors as a new option...

It looks like a new larger LED display is coming too.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Now, that is an actual possibility, especially since Apple wrote a letter saying that 2008 would be the last year for non-LED displays.

The 30" Cinema Display will be updated to LED, as well as the iMacs.

It might be that Apple is taking down one page at a time in the update process. Just about everything is not available. The main page for the store went to "unavailable" a short while ago.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
If you were to actually search or do any research at all, you would know that there are no rumors because no chips exist.

Gainestown isn't in production yet. The chips that are out now, dubbed "Core i7", are desktop enthusiast chips.

Apple uses no desktop chips in any computers.

I haven't been following i7 production. I'd be happy if they didn't change the Mac Pro for another year. I like having the biggest, baddest machine on the planet.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
Not relevant to the thread--Perhaps--but it is information or lack of information that we can draw conclusions. I see that the pages with the most changes would get ported over first--right?

I just meant that you created a thread about the Nehalem Mac Pro (that is coming out in March) in the Mac Pro forum and then started talking about something completely off topic.

NightSailor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Connecticut
Web Page Changes

The primary pages are up, but not if you click on "buy".

I noticed on iMac, then Mac Mini, then the Mac Pro, and then the iTouch. At that point I tried all of them, and everything was down.

Then the Store page was down, but not the Apple Logo.

As I said elsewhere, I think they started on items they are updating and then started porting everything over somewhere else. Soon, they will change the main page. So perhaps there will be no changed to the Mac Pro.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
The primary pages are up, but not if you click on "buy".

I noticed on iMac, then Mac Mini, then the Mac Pro, and then the iTouch. At that point I tried all of them, and everything was down.

That's because the Store itself is down...

Then the Store page was down, but not the Apple Logo.

Eh? Explain, please.

Soon, they will change the main page.

Only after the keynote...

So perhaps there will be no changed to the Mac Pro.

Now you're getting it. Change "perhaps" to a blank space.

indiochano

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
That's even meaningless, if you read any of my posts.

no, im sorry, but your posts mean $h!t to me.

i am well aware of the fact that xeon chips havent begun production and that a mac pro will come on march or april, but id rather wait till the thing's over than to listen to you... you don't even work for apple, so why the hell should i care what you say?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
no, im sorry, but your posts mean $h!t to me.

i am well aware of the fact that xeon chips havent begun production and that a mac pro will come on march or april, but id rather wait till the thing's over than to listen to you... you don't even work for apple, so why the hell should i care what you say?

Then don't. Live in a land of optimism and have the discretion to ignore my posts.

indiochano

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Then don't. Live in a land of optimism and have the discretion to ignore my posts.

i already said that i'm expecting a mac pro on march/april... there's nothing purely optimistic about that.

your posts aren't the second coming either so stop trying to act like you know everything... hell, two-three months ago you were saying a mac pro was imminent on MW09... yea, nice one.

ill happily ignore your posts, thank you very much.

TrapOx

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008
Denver
Look "Tallest Skil", almost every other reply is one of yours. Give it a rest, you're REALLY annoying and a major turnoff to new forum members since you really never contribute anything actually useful, new or original. All you do is repeat the same rude replies over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..... Youre only 19? At this rate you'll be a lonely crotchety old man by 40.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.