2010 13" MBP. Keep it, upgrade, or switch to MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AvengedX7, Feb 25, 2011.

1. AvengedX7 macrumors newbie

I just bought a base line 13" MBP and am wondering should I upgrade to the new one (I'm in the last day of the return policy.), Keep it, or switch to a MBA.

I honestly don't use it for much but I might get into some gaming and programming of sorts. Please give some insight, and give me why you chose your answer. I appreciate the help.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I would exchange it for a new one at least. Whether you want MBA or something else, that you have to decide on your own. What is more important for you, portability or power?

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

If you're within the return policy, I would get the newest Macbook Pro. Although the Air is really nice as far as design, the Macbook Pro is more practical and powerful.

4. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

If you're just doing normal every computing (web, email, etc) then the 13.3" Air would be best.

5. BubbaMc macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Stop reading and go and return it, Now!!!

6. OSMac macrumors 65816

Couple of choices...

If you paid full retail return it and get a refurb of the old model from Apple online
    or exchange it in store for the new one. Hopefully they will not charge you 10%?

The newer 13" Air has a better screen and is much lighter but lacks the back light on the keyboard and DVD. Thats a personal choice.

7. akhbhaat macrumors regular

OP: I'd trade it, if for no other reason than the fact that you'll be losing a lot of resale value (especially short term) with the older model. The people whining about the gaming performance are ignoring or discounting the fact that the 2010 version with its 320M is already pretty bad. It's not like the 2010 model can run games that the newer one can't.