2010- Big things from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gershon, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Gershon macrumors member

Gershon

Where is the 5mp camera and matte casing that was accompanied with the 3mp camera and matte rumors? since iphone 3gs had undergone testing during oct 2008 period, could this already mean that 4th gen iphone ( iphone 3,1 )is already in the works while they prepare big software stuff like multitasking?

Thoughts?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Of course, they have a road map of what they want to add to the iPhone. I can't say that it will include a 5mp camera or matte case but they busy now with the design. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5th generation iPhone is in the pipeline as well.

3. ripkord macrumors 6502

Dont think we'll know until release time, look at how wrong 90% of the predictions were last month!! Hoping for something slimmer and lighter, hopefully a redesign - think the oleophobic coating was a fantasic feature.
    Would love to see a thin aluminium iphone with no home button but thats just me. :)

4. amanda1o1 macrumors newbie

amanda1o1

i bet you anything there already working on a new software and iphone aswell as macbook or imac. :apple:

5. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

i think Apple have the next two generations of the iPhone already sorted - with prototypes already made or atleast properly documented on paper.

There are things like the 5mp camera Apple could have put in the 3GS but they wouldn't want to make the 'perfect' iPhone or no one would buy the next gen iPhone.

You can see the same thing with Nokia - if you put all their flagship phones together, you would have a phone that could do everything - but if they released a phone with all the features, in 6 months, they'd have nothing to put in the next gen Nokia.

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

very well put and i think that is precisely what companies do to grab our money!! :D

7. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

I heard this about Sony some years ago, they dont release the technology they have now, they drip feed it, rumor had it back then sony had enough tech to span 15yrs when released on a stepped consumer basis.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

It's there. It's just a trick using mirrors duh.

10. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

11. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

12. dream macrumors member

The new iphone needs the following:

1- Front camera (Video calling).
    2- 5MP Camera or more.
    3- FM Radio.
    4- Different look.
    5- increasing size of screen to be 3.8 instead of 3.5 (without increasing the size of the phone its self like HTC TOUCH HD).

If they added the above features, the new iphone will rock the world.

13. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

Not all rumors are true, the 5Mp camera and that matte back were just two of the many this year.

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

1. Why?
    2. Why? Do you know that I have a 3MP camera that takes better pictures than my 10MP camera? Numbers are MEANINGLESS.
    3. No. This will never happen. Radio is century-old tech.
    4. Why, so you can show it off that you have the newest?
    5. Can't do it; you can't mess with the App Store.

No, none of these features would rock the world.

15. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

I'll add to that:

Personally, I hope Apple REMOVES 1-2 features from the 3GS and instead add even more features to the 4G iPhone than they normally would. Most notably, the compass and oleophobic screem (that's what screen protectors are for).

It just seems like such a waste of money/space to put those in. I would use an FM radio more than a compass.

16. nfl46 macrumors 603

LOL! Oh gosh, here go people with that front facing camera stuff. Dream on. It won't happen on AT&T, thats for sure. If they happen problems w/ MMS and tethering, just imagine, video conferencing. And AT&T's 3G service is bad.

And with all that stuff yall want added, I hope you don't think the price will still be $199, $299, b/c it won't.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And you think cell phone users are annoying now. :rolleyes:

18. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

6. Sure, but goodbye battery.
    7. Again, App Store. This can only happen with the exact same screen ratio and resolution independence (which we don't have).
    8. Not until LTE. End of discussion.

Are you even listening to yourself?

19. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

What good would a front facing cam for video calling when ATT doesn't support the feature?

There are plenty of better spec'ed phones out there. Haven't you realized by now its the OS that makes or breaks the phone, not the hardware alone.

20. dream macrumors member

1- If you are not interested in video calling, millions are interested in it.

2- iphone 3GS's camera is good and I am not denying it but did you know that sony ericsson satio's camera will be 12 MP, Samsung's camera will be 8 MP. We are talking about next year and the 3 MP will be useless after 1 year.

3- Yes it is old tech but does it mean that it is useless? If yes, then why it still exists? and again if you do not like radio, millions like it.

4- oh really? have not you heard of word "boring" before. If the design never changes, people will get bored of it. We all like the new stuff and new look. have not you noticed that most of people who owned white iphone 3G, got black iphone 3GS and also who owned black iphone 3G, got white iphone 3GS just for the sake of "the change". We are humen and it is a nature. If you are different that most of humen, it is your problem.

5-Why can not be done? look how many centimeters are almost useless under and above the screen? they can utilize that space and increase the size of screen as HTC did with touch HD.

21. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm interested in remaining safe while driving, thank you.

Your entire megapixel ARGUMENT is useless. Megapixels mean NOTHING. The sensor is what matters.

Fortunately, Apple doesn't; as evidenced by them removing the FM tuner from their store. An iPod will never have a radio.

That's really sad. Tell me that a DMC-12 is boring. Tell me that a Mac Pro is boring. The case isn't the POINT of the iPhone.

I
    No reason for quoting this; I just found your attempt at making human plural funny.

It has nothing to do with physical room. At all. Did you not read where I said the App Store has to have the same screen ratio?

22. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Why is that people think the iPhone is the only phone that AT&T carrries?

You want tethering, MMS, and live streaming video, select one of the other dozens of phones they offer that do.

23. /b/ macrumors member

Instead of some major ground breaking features, why don't Apple start with much more built quality on the phone itself and please increase the battery life significantly.

But a 5 mega pixel camera is not impossible in the next version, hopefully they'll get the better camera module instead of settling for low quality ones.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Agreed. Better build quality. Better battery life - otherwise 'tethering' simply becomes the process of recharging the batteries each night. Maybe an OLED screen would be nice.