2010 Macbook Pro Windows 7 Bootcamp Black Screen Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Strickerx5, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Strickerx5 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I've been at a stand still for the past couple of days when it comes to loading Bootcamp and any help on the issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

So basically whenever I try to start up the windows 7 portion of my mac using bootcamp it loads past the logo for windows but then just stops. The screen blinks once and then I'm left with a black screen with only my white cursor on it. I've waited for a good hour but to no luck. I've looked around for some fixes but nothing I've found worked:

Deleting the ati*.sys: Couldn't find it.
    Deleting the nv*.sys: Didn't work.
    Using the method on the official apple help site which involves using a flash drive and putting certain files and drives in it to help load: As far as I know that file they put up for download doesn't even exist.
    Repair function available at start up: No. Help.

I've been researching the issue but haven't come across any fixes. I was just hoping that someone around here could help or may of encountered the same issue and would be willing to share a fix. Any help would be top!

Computer specs:
    2010 Mac Book Pro 13-inch
    Mac OS X 10.7.5
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

Just ask if you need anything else, Cheers

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try inserting the Windows DVD back in and repairing the installation.

3. Strickerx5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responding! Would this be the option labeled "Repair your computer" given under the main install button on the main screen or would this involve running the full installation again? If it's the "Repair your computer" option then I've already tried that. I fear that a full reinstallation may go wrong and I might lose my previous data (I never stored an image or backup). If this is the only solution then I'll take the risk but if it can be avoided that would be great.

Should I set my computer to automatically start up from the disc or from the installed windows portion when reinstalling? I understand that during installation my computer will restart a couple of times so I'm worried that it might start from the wrong place during the process. Does this matter?

4. The-Pro macrumors 65816

If you are worried about loosing that date you have in your windows partition you could just boot up into OSX and acces the partition from there and copy the files.
    I did that once.

Then reinstall windows