2010 MBP Squeaky Hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mabyboi, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Recently iv'e noticed that the lefts side of my 2010 MBP Hinge is squeaking as I close it.... Its driving me nuts, i've searched the forum and haven't been able to find anything about it...

Anyone know how to fix it?

thanks!

2. parkp81 macrumors member

3. MACAPALOOZA macrumors member

Patience

My MBP was exactly the same way. I think that it was just because it was new. After about 3 weeks, the squeaking went away. I didn't hear it again after that period. I hope that I helped.

4. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I've had this MBP since JULY! its been fine the whole time and in the last few days it's started..

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have had my 13" 2010 MBP since about 14 days after they were announced in April. I had tons of dust under my display, so I took it in to the genius bar, and they replaced the entire display assembly. I guess the hinges are part of the display assembly, because my hinges used to creak/pop before this repair. Now, they don't creak/pop anymore! Take a video of the issue, go to the genius bar. Have them watch and listen to the video. Then they will see the issue and replace the display assembly (if they don't give you an excuse why they shouldn't replace it).

6. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom