2010 Resolutions

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
More consistency with my gym schedule. I just got out of a 3 month dry spell.

And less useless spending. I'm sure that's on everybody's list though.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
To say how I feel and not let things build up :)

I will probably be more rude this year, but bugger it, if people are rude to me, I'm not standing for it :D

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Disclaimer for my original post:

Though I already have a 3GS, getting a new iPhone upon it's release is exempt from the "useless spending" category.

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
To say how I feel and not let things build up :)

I will probably be more rude this year, but bugger it, if people are rude to me, I'm not standing for it :D

Good point i will be doing it this year, i have had enough of people doing this to me also.

And less useless spending. I'm sure that's on everybody's list though.
This one gets me everytime!

Mine

1. Finish my House off
2. Meet a Girl
3. I would like to reconnect with my mates
4. Learn to cook :p
5. By a Imac, 27, Mac Pro or iphone 3GS.

(i don't consider spending money on apple products as useless :D )

Can't think of anything else

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
I want to focus on being a better:

Husband
Father
Brother
Son
Friend
Uncle
Employee
Etc.

But above all I need to focus on my health. My wife and I had our first child in September and it has made me question the way I choose to live my life. My first step is to focus on my health. So like most people I need to change my diet, work out more etc.

So hopefully 2010 will be a year of positive change. I read a quote once that said anything worth doing does not need to be done perfectly at first. I take that to mean that even if I fall down this year I need to pick myself up and keep going. So it sounds like a huge undertaking but I have a lot of support and I hope I can accomplish my goals. I hope I can say one year from today that I have made progress.

I wish everyone good luck and best wishes for 2010 and their goals and resolutions. Take care. :)

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
1) Continue working out three days a week
2) Dress better (although I'm not doing terribly now, or so my girlfriend leads me to believe)
3) Eat out less and drink less soda
4) Read more books (preferable nonfiction about economics, investing, and technical analysis of markets)

partyBoy

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2009
Dilligaf
get back in shape
spend more time with dad and sister
hope everything goes good for me when i move back to new york city
party with my nephew:D

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
1. I am going to try to see how long I can go without drinking soda. Only water. Period. And I really really don't expect to make it. :eek:

2.Eat better. I am just trying to cut down on unhealthy snacks (chips, cookies, ect). I will try meals later but just not yet.

3.Lastly, save money. No more frivolous spending. And mainly put away money for my first car. I still have 1year 8months 4days 25minutes, but the car I want isn't exactly on the cheap side (10k to low 20k:eek::eek:)

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
My resolution for 2010 is not to make any resolutions. You can't break any resolutions if you don't make them!

Happy New Years everyone! :)

DISCOMUNICATION

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cambridge, MA USA
When you say "Being a better person." what do you mean?

Maybe if you put down specifics you can then focus and improve some of them. :)
Actually I find being vague and broad leaves a much larger and easier target to hit. Just any sort of personal growth at all would be good. Although I've been stuck in a rut the last... decade. In the last year I think I've actually shrunk on a personal level and the last 3 months have been an embarrassment really.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
-get wealthier....
-get a 2011 BMW M5 (6th generation) if they make one or a 335d.
-lose some 15 pounds and gain some 15 pounds of muscle.
-do good my third year of college

mac88

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA.
Stop worrying about things I can not change and do not have the power to change. Unneeded stress placed on one's body is not good. Heart attacks suck!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Actually I find being vague and broad leaves a much larger and easier target to hit. Just any sort of personal growth at all would be good. Although I've been stuck in a rut the last... decade. In the last year I think I've actually shrunk on a personal level and the last 3 months have been an embarrassment really.
I see.

FWIW, I find that it helps to be specific if you are serious about your goals. Instead of saying loosing weight, for example, state that you will loose 1 pound per month for a total of 12 pounds this year.

Instead of saying exercise more, look at your current system, say you do 50 pushups per day. Then your goal may be to increase to 60 pushups per day.

My point is that when you are specific, there is a higher probability that you will attain your goal. At the same time, be realistic with your goals.

For example, if you have never saved any money, and you want to save $40 per month, it may be too hard to just start out at that level. So you might do this:

- Save $10 per month for January through March.
- Then save $20 per month for April through June.
- Then save $30 per month for July through September.
- Then save $40 per month for October through December.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Working on my goal set now. Covering these areas:

- Family
- Health
- Professional
- Financial
- Hobbies/Activities

YMMV. Good luck! :)