2011 Keyboards in MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kushed, Mar 17, 2011.

?

Have you noticed the new "softer" keys?

1. No, Youre just obsessive about your new mac

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. Yes, and i love them!

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. Yes, i dont really care

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  4. No. havent noticed but ill compare them now and get back to ya

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. kushed macrumors regular

Has anyone else noticed the softer keys in the 2011 MBP ? i saw another thread like this but it didnt get much attention.. and now that most people have their new macs i want a poll to see how many people have noticed the softer keys.. i LOVE them!!! not only are they softer... they pop back up faster! i love love love it!

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Yes, I'm really enjoying it - much more responsive than my old MBP. I think the old one was responsive when I first got it - I just beat the hell out of it over the years!

3. kushed thread starter macrumors regular

yes its a big improvement.. i thought it was night and day when i recieved my first unibdy mac keyboard over the white macbook keyboard.. but these keyboards are almost just as big/good as that!

4. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

I haven't seen much of a difference between my 2010 MacBook Pro and some of the 2011 models at a local reseller to be honest, although I've noticed that both are night and day when compared to the older Late 2008/Early 2009 models that I've played with before.

5. tcador macrumors regular

Love it. It's much better than the previous non-unibody keyboard that I'm moving away from.

6. kushed thread starter macrumors regular

yeah if youre not actually typing or youre just clicking a few keys you may not notice.. sit down at the apple store and open work and type up something... youll notice it. they are "gooey" and awesome!

7. kushed thread starter macrumors regular

bump bump! i want to know everyones opinions!

8. JasonH42 macrumors 6502

I hate the new squidgy keys. The keyboard was far better on my 2009 unibody.

9. cmclaughlan macrumors member

I still think the keyboard is the weakest thing on my Macbook Pro.

Hate, hate, hate. Not only the feel but the fact that on the 17inch certain keys run at an angle, (enter does it, 'N' does it) and there is nothing you can do about it. Check the keyboards in the Mac Store, they all do it. Mac Genius offered to swap out the keyboard when I showed them how mess up my old 2010 was but said that it would end up the same anyway.

10. Nightarchaon macrumors 65816

Nightarchaon

I will continue to live with my Macbook pro early 2008 (the last one that didn't have the stupid "chick-let" style keys), until it is utterly utterly dead, then i will mourn its passing and buy a PC based laptop with a real keyboard most likely...i just cannot use the stupid flat keys, i would love apple to bring back the old mechanical see through desktop keyboards for the iMacs, im using a Dell standard keyboard at the moment when i need a full sized one, the apple full keyboard i bought i used for about a month, the RELIEF to go back to a real one.

Mr jobs, sometimes "looking pretty" isn't also functional or comfortable.

11. LS417 macrumors regular

I've had my 2011 mbp 13 for about 3 days and so far I agree with you. My late 2009 mbp 13 felt tighter for sure.

I guess we'll see how they feel after some substantial usage.

12. kushed thread starter macrumors regular

i feel like the new squishy keys are easier to type on in long sessions.

why dont people like the the spaced out keys either? they reduce typing error drastically !

13. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

nope - surely they are the same as the 2010's