Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
For those of you who's connecting a MacBook Air Superdrive to the 2011 Mac Mini. Can you post some pictures of the setup? I'm curious to see how it matches together.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'm also interested in this. I'll still probably get one, but would love to see how they look together.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I am at work so can't post a picture right now, but I will tell you it doesn't look fantastic if you stack the superdrive on top of the mini. The superdrive is smaller, so it looks strange, not to mention it covers up the nice :apple:

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
I am at work so can't post a picture right now, but I will tell you it doesn't look fantastic if you stack the superdrive on top of the mini. The superdrive is smaller, so it looks strange, not to mention it covers up the nice :apple:

This.

I keep mine tucked away in a drawer and only hook it up when I intend to use it. Whether sitting on top or sitting beside the Mini, it just doesn't have a cohesive look imo.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.

This.

I keep mine tucked away in a drawer and only hook it up when I intend to use it. Whether sitting on top or sitting beside the Mini, it just doesn't have a cohesive look imo.

That's what I'm wondering about, how it would look since the Air Superdrive isn't designed to match up with the Mac Mini design.

Let's see some pictures!

philipma1957

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Howell, New Jersey
two shots

Attachments

• IMG_1280small.jpg
    IMG_1280small.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1281small.jpg
    IMG_1281small.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 190

JS3

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2010
lol wow its tiny. I thought it would be the same size. I guess its meant to be portable.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
lol wow its tiny. I thought it would be the same size. I guess its meant to be portable.

I've got one and it's currently sitting on top of my Mini. As others have said it doesn't look good like that as it's a different size. Speaking of size it's probably slightly larger then a CD/DVD case. It's also slot loading.

crumpler

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2011
This.

Mine's tucked away most of the time too, unless i'm ripping dvds with handbrake.

Apple is right in moving away from optical media IMHO.

jlin615

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Los Angeles, CA.
Mine's tucked away most of the time too, unless i'm ripping dvds with handbrake.

Apple is right in moving away from optical media IMHO.

I too only use optical drive 3-4 nowadays. But feel kind of awkward having a computer without a optical drive built-in since all the computers (~10) I've had they all have at least one. Apple is right though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.