2011 MBP Screen Specs (13")

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yyc engineer, Dec 6, 2010.

1. yyc engineer macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum, long time reader first time poster.

I was out at the Apple store this weekend and got a chance to play around with the new MBA air. My favourite part had to be the new 13.3" high resolution screen. I especially liked the silver bezel and the fact that it didn't have that annoying (imo) glass covering.

I think a resolution bump is a given for the 13" 2011 MBP but what about the other features of the MBA's screen such as Silver bezel and losing the glass. Ditching the glass would also help lighten the machine. Any thoughts?

2. Dalton63841, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010

Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Well the glass is kindof a trademark of the Pro line. Perhaps with the next update we will get the anti-glare option. Myself I like the glass, but that is my personal opinion. I understand why most don't like it.

My Macbook Pro screen was actually saved by the glass. It took a hit and busted the glass, but not the screen. Had the glass not been there, the screen would have surely got it. If not for that experience I'd probably want the anti-glare option myself.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't think the glass is going anywhere, but maybe they'll give the option. I prefer the glass though. I love when the colors pop out.