Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Correct for what? Apple batteries despite them saying it isn't required? Please call them and be sure to let them know....

My battery health reading fluctuates by approx 2% in normal usage, this indicates to me the 100%-point IS being continuously re-calibrated against the battery performance without doing any particular deliberate drain/charge process.

That is different to saying Li batteries need using to maintain their capacity, fully agree with that but that isn't "calibration".
Calibration is an incorrect term, to be honest.
I'm speaking about a full drain (even if it's not really full drain) and then full charge.

----------

If he has a problem, following this "calibration" procedure will not help him.

Read again my post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max(IT)
Not a solution but you should try a calibration

Artimus12

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2011
YooKay
Calibration for Li-Ion batteries is used to re-align the battery's extremities with the gauge for the purposes of gaining an accurate reading! Even Apple haven't been able to prevent periodic misalignment between the two. So for the sake of a more accurate display of the battery power range, recalibration is needed from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Hey if you leave it charged all night it goes up. Mine went up from 7698 to 7960

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hey if you leave it charged all night it goes up. Mine went up from 7698 to 7960
No, leaving it charging all night does not make battery health go up. It is normal that the health percentage can fluctuate up or down over time, regardless of how or when it is charged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.