2014...Apple's worst year ? iPhone 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 24, 2014.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

The whole bending thing is NOT normal like some people said yesterday.
    My iPhone 4 does not bend just because we put it in the pockets or something and even the regular iPhone 6 does not do that and other sorts of problems.
    Like ram.

AND the whole iOS 8 is the MOST buggiest software update ever.
    It's not slow...BUT the battery is terrible and internet not loading fast :/

Just trying to see what others think.
    But 2014 was a disappointing year.
    Apple could had done much better. But they over hyped everything. Same with the iwatch. If Apple was not ready to release something in a stable condition.
    They should had delayed iOS 8 and iPhone 6 by 2-3 weeks more. To risk these problems.

2. syclick macrumors regular

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

4. itjw macrumors 65816

Yep, and I could get mauled by a Bengal tiger while getting struck by lightning. I won't, but I COULD.

Somehow, even with 4 idiots sitting on their phones, Apple will be ok.

;)

5. wxman2003 Suspended

Guess you don't remember antennagate with the iPhone 4 and Jobs telling us we are holding it wrong. And refunding all of us owners $15 from a class action lawsuit. Or the free bumpers they gave out because of antennagate. That year was far worse.

6. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

My battery is AWESOME. I haven't charged the phone for 24 hours and still at 20%. And this includes using bluetooth audio in the gym for 1.5 hours today. Im very impressed.

7. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

As a shareholder, it's been a great ****ing year for Apple.

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Actually that's debatable.
    [​IMG]

But even if you insist on thinking that the iPhone 6 Plus is just gonna fold in your hands like wet cardboard, it's very wrong to look at your iPhone 4 and pretend it had no flaws. Remember when everyone thought Apple was doomed because your iPhone 4 had antenna issues? And yet here you are, still using one.

Yeah, about the RAM: How's having half the RAM of the current models working out for you? And why is that not an issue?

That's exactly what was said about iOS 7. And iOS 6 before it. Come to think of it, iOS 5... iOS 4...

No, people like yourself overhyped everything. If your happiness is pinned on a corporation releasing a product, and that happiness is dimmed by it not being as flawless as you built it up in your mind, you really have only yourself to blame for that.

Take Samsung. Say what you will about them, but when the launch of a new phone there disappoints, I doubt there are people in Android forums talking about how depressed it made them.

9. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

If the bending phones become a more widespread issue, Apple will have to address it. For the moment, it's a scant ratio to all phones sold in their eyes. Has it happened? Yes. To an infinitesimal amount of Plus owners? Yes.

Regardless of which road winds up getting taken, Apple will be fine.

10. The1englishman macrumors newbie

I have had the plus since release day, like MILLIONS of others. I have no issues with my phone.
    This has been blown out of proportion without ever really knowing just how these phones got bent. Because my phone sits in my jeans just fine without bending.
    As to the youboob video where that idiot deliberately bends his phone ( with a massive amount of force i may add ) well thats just a joke.

11. Npggirl7 macrumors member

Preach!!

12. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

hy·per·bo·le
    hīˈpərbəlē

noun
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

synonyms: exaggeration, overstatement, magnification, embroidery, embellishment, excess, overkill, rhetoric

13. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

14. snowcrash macrumors regular

snowcrash

I think its my best year as an Apple fanboy. I was never a fan of the 4/4S or even the 5/5S form factor. I'm totally loving my 6 Plus. This is the first time I've been super happy with the new version (which I upgrade each and every year since the original) in a long time. To me the stuff about bending and too big and is just smoke and mirrors. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

15. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Well said! You are in fact a "sacredpoet".

edit: oops just saw your name is "scaredpoet" :p

16. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Bad karma?

17. dseg42 macrumors member

#iPhone6SalesDeclining lol

I am pretty sure Apple's bank account is laughing hysterically at you.

18. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Pretty sure that 1996-1997 was Apple's worst year. They were weeks from bankruptcy.

19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Apple is having a rough run (keynote glitches, launch debacle, China delays, bendgate, iOS 8) but in the end their $$$ bottom line is going to be sensational.

:apple:

20. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

So what is rough about it? :confused:

21. chrise2 macrumors 6502

This year is going to be super rough because all the Apple execs aren't going to know what kind of leather to get in their new private jets.

22. ATC macrumors 6502a

I hadn't seen the iP6/6+ in person till today. Spent some time at my local (unusually quiet) Apple Store today and I have to say I left feeling a bit puzzled about this one.

Compared to my iPhone 5, the 6 and 6+ did not feel premium at all to me, the weight was almost too light if that makes any sense (I do like the weight of the 5/5S). All the demos had fine scratches on the glass (probably not the glass itself but the oleophobic coating) but it looked quite pronounced on the 6/6+ for some reason, even my wife noticed them and her attention to detail is an utter joke. I set my 5 next to them in store (which is 2 years old with no case on it) and not a single visible fine scratch on my glass.

The buttons were all somewhat loose, unlike on my 5 where there's no give whatsoever. The silent switch and volume buttons especially had a lot of give.

I have no problem with the antenna lines although I know some do, I actually think they looked fine. But that protruding camera lens left me scratching my head, it was as though they got the camera lens assembly separately and late in the process and it was too big to fit the case. Just an odd design choice that kills the sleekness of the device.

I don't think Apple is doomed, that line is always funny, but Apple's total obsession with thinness is really starting to encroach on function and a little on design too. I really wish they had made the phone a mm thicker, eliminating the protruding camera lens, slightly increasing weight to give it that premium feel, and in the process improving structural integrity (better resist bending) and have a slightly bigger battery.

After owning almost every iPhone, this is the first time I walked out of an Apple store shortly after a new iPhone launch and had absolutely no desire to get one. I guess we'll save our two free upgrades for next year to see what Apple does with the 6S.

23. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

This must be you first time. Past iphone introductions were similar to what you are seeing for the 6.

If you did not live in this forum you would never know about what happens in here.

APPLE SOLD 20 million iphone by just last weekend!

Nothing is more important.

24. EW800 macrumors 6502

My opinion... This will be a banner year financially for them, but in the credibility department, a bit of a hit.

----------

I agree completely.

25. GDF macrumors regular

Completely agree, they are going to blow away there numbers. Most of these bending and other issues are always overblown anyhow.

QUOTE=EW800;19891465]My opinion... This will be a banner year financially for them, but in the credibility department, a bit of a hit.

----------

I agree completely.[/QUOTE]