2015 MLB Season Thread

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Eh, what the hell, more snow on the way I want baseball season.

I like what I am hearing from our new Commissioner. He seems to really want to improve the game, unlike Selig who just about destroyed it.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Let's Go Red Sox! :D Cuz we have no pitching. :eek:

Maybe the "5 okay starters" method is going to be the new brilliant strategy in baseball. Or maybe the Sox are going to have to mash their way to victories. Either way, I'm pretty excited about the revamped offense. Last year was pretty pathetic.

Mookie Betts for ROY! :cool:

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Isn't it considered sacrilegious to support both the White Sox and the Cubs? Everyone I know from Chitown loves one, and hates the other. :)

Also, go Dodgers!
So, when you grow up and move away, you're just happy to have baseball.

Honestly, I have fond memories of both. I grew up watching the Cubs, went to more White Sox games.

In my early 20s I went to a ton of Cubs games when I lived down the street.

I just love baseball and Chicago.

----------

Eh, what the hell, more snow on the way I want baseball season.

I like what I am hearing from our new Commissioner. He seems to really want to improve the game, unlike Selig who just about destroyed it.
As long as he takes back his comments on eliminating the shift. Stupid rule.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
And the pitch clock too. Yuck.
I like the pitch clock idea, it should not take 5 minutes to throw a pitch. About the shift, yes I hate it. But if you are a batter and see the whole left side of the field is open HIT THE FREAKING BALL THERE! The best way to stop teams from using the shift is to bunt or hit the opposite say. You are a professional hitter, learn to hit.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
As long as he takes back his comments on eliminating the shift. Stupid rule.
That would be really stupid - and I say this as a fan of David "hits into the shift twice a game" Ortiz.

I like the pitch clock idea, it should not take 5 minutes to throw a pitch. About the shift, yes I hate it. But if you are a batter and see the whole left side of the field is open HIT THE FREAKING BALL THERE! The best way to stop teams from using the shift is to bunt or hit the opposite say. You are a professional hitter, learn to hit.
The pitch clock idea is great. But yeah, I'm with you. I really don't understand why they don't lay down bunts to that side every single time. There must be a good reason for it that we're missing and/or it must not be that easy. I'd do it all day and night until they stopped.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
That would be really stupid - and I say this as a fan of David "hits into the shift twice a game" Ortiz.

The pitch clock idea is great. But yeah, I'm with you. I really don't understand why they don't lay down bunts to that side every single time. There must be a good reason for it that we're missing and/or it must not be that easy. I'd do it all day and night until they stopped.
I also think part of it may be ego. Maybe they don't want to admit defeat?

We've been asking this question about Mark Texeira for a few years now. If he was already hitting for a high average and 60 home runs, I wouldn't mind, but he's definitely not. Take the hits and baserunners when they are handing it to you. You beat them a few times and they'll stop doing it. They have batting practice everyday. Take 20 minutes to lay down some bunts.

----------

Here we go Yankees..... here we go!

:D:):D
Upvoted. :D