2016 MBP loss of sound

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shareef777, Nov 29, 2016.

1. shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

Does anyone that connects an external display/tv with HDMI (via a dongle) lose sound after disconnecting? Right now I've got no sound. I can switch the sound to my AppleTV and it'd work, but when switching it back to internal speakers I get nothing.

Tested with headphones and still nothing.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 29, 2016 ---
    Well logging off and back on gets the sound working again. Though re-using the dongle causes it to cut off. Desperately waiting for the next software/firmware update.

2. Impatientmac macrumors regular

I've had a few sound issues on the new Macbook Pro as well. I was literally about to make a new post asking about it. I had opened up safari to test the touchbar and playing a youtube video caused the sound to go out (at least in terms of media playback). I opened up itunes and tried playing a video on firefox as well but the sound wouldn't come for either. Strange enough it was making the sound effect noise when I taped to lower/raise the volume. The second I closed safari the sound worked again. Opened up safair and tried to play a youtube video and it cut the sound off again. Very strange bug

3. bmustaf macrumors regular

4. shareef777 thread starter macrumors 68020

shareef777

Did you get any update from Apple? Apple is really gambling that all these small bugs won't get people to return their products. I held off selling my 2012 rMBP till after the return period, and I'm strongly considering returning it right now!

5. bmustaf macrumors regular

They asked for a sysdiagnose, which I provided, nothing new otherwise.