Seems equally likely that the iGPU is being misread or the CPU model is. Seems slightly less likely that MacOS is reporting its own hardware incorrectly.
can you do a compute benchmark for both the igpu and dgpu?
Unfortunately I can't find any geekbench results for another Iris 580 to compare
2016 Macbook Pro 15" w/Touchbar
Just a couple of quick thoughts:
- Space gray is really subtle. I'd really have preferred space black like my iPhone 7 Plus but it is nice to have another color option. At first glance its not really that much darker than silver
- The keyboard is surprisingly loud and clicky sounding. Having recently had the 2nd gen rMB 12", this keyboard is definitely an improvement though I don't type quite as fast or as accurately yet. The LED backlighting is so much better compared to the older MBPs
- Performance as compared to my 2015 15" doesn't seem much different so far, though I really don't do anything particularly taxing
- TouchID is already saving me a lot of time by not having to enter my password every time it comes back from sleep
- The display is notably brighter and the bezels are definitely smaller
- The speakers are vastly improved
- Touchbar is cool but its more of a novelty so far. I'm not quite used to it
- Battery life estimates are way better than my previous macbooks (14 hours???)
I am actually talking with apple about this, there is another thread and somebody has the 2.9 and it shows the HD 530.
Can you run the compute benchmark for the integrated graphics in geekbench?
What is your "normal usage" (apps used on a regular basis etc.) and what are your Mac settings ?About a week on and I'm still pretty happy with it. I will admit the touch pad gets in the way sometimes but not often. I'm noticing a weird thing where somehow I'm triggering a "mute" while typing and not sure how thats happening. I tend to use delete a lot when I typo, so maybe I'm brushing the touchbar by accident.
Battery life has settled in to be around 8-10 hours of normal use, so right in line with expectations. The fans don't seem to be as loud (or come on as often) as my 2015 MBP for what its worth. Very smooth performance when hooked up to my 3440x1440 monitor but of course thats using the 460.
My previous statement about the iGPU being misreported only when plugged in is incorrect. I'm on battery right now and its showing a 580 and not the 460. I'm sure that'll be fixed with a software patch soon