Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which config?

• 2.2/16GB/512GB/555x

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • 2.2/16GB/512GB/560x

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • 2.6/16GB/512GB/560x

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
So what did you decide in the end?

I took it back. Few things, the footprint of the device I didn't like after the 12 days I had it - prefer 13'' to carry around (even though they don't have the power I like the form factor), secondly I ran a few benchmarks and use cases - it was a lot slower than my PC Workstation at the office. I wasn't fussed about the touchbar, I also preferred the silver and I had space grey. No issues with ports as I use the cloud for alot of things. The plan is to build a Workstation at home and probably get a smaller Macbook or I might even forgo an Apple laptop altogether and go with 2 PC Workstations, Mac Mini for my Mac OS fix and iPads.

In all honesty a new Mac Pro can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vazza

Vazza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
London, UK
I took it back. Few things, the footprint of the device I didn't like after the 12 days I had it - prefer 13'' to carry around (even though they don't have the power I like the form factor), secondly I ran a few benchmarks and use cases - it was a lot slower than my PC Workstation at the office. I wasn't fussed about the touchbar, I also preferred the silver and I had space grey. No issues with ports as I use the cloud for alot of things. The plan is to build a Workstation at home and probably get a smaller Macbook or I might even forgo an Apple laptop altogether and go with 2 PC Workstations, Mac Mini for my Mac OS fix and iPads.

In all honesty a new Mac Pro can't come soon enough.

Sounds like it’s best to wait like you suggest to see what comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.