Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Apple Insider review is complete garbage with false info about the display to pump the viewer to buy.

FRAUD.

Down voted.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
Apple Insider review is complete garbage with false info about the display to pump the viewer to buy.

FRAUD.

Down voted.

Could you elaborate? Thanks :)

The review seems to not rave about the display but rather criticise it for being dimmer than the Pro and not having TrueTone (at least the written article that’s published on their site).

DVD9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
Could you elaborate? Thanks :)

The review seems to not rave about the display but rather criticise it for being dimmer than the Pro and not having TrueTone (at least the written article that’s published on their site).

YouTube video review claimed it had the same color gamut as the Macbook Pro. It does not. Not even close. That's what I voted down.

Reactions: turbineseaplane

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
Yeah, right... Like people will say : "Oh, where's my Color gamut..."? LOL. No one will notice or care..

With that mentality, why not just have a reviewer make up whatever they want about subjectively beneficial or useful features that a certain user may or may not care about?

Hell - let's go further and have reviews just be Apple PR and call the keyboards the "most reliable ever!"

Expecting a review to get feature details right is the absolute minimum in my book. It calls into question anything else they may say about a product if they don't get the basics incorrect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cape Dave and DVD9

Ma2k5

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2012
London
No great battery life despite 5W processor! As per The Verge review.

This is sad...

It’s a 12” MacBook turned into a 13” with a 50 Wh battery, up from 41.4 Wh. Slightly larger screen and more powerful CPU probably accounts for the extra 8.5 Wh somewhat, so they both should have similar battery run times.

I know several Windows laptops have adopted Intels new 1 watt display technology, not sure how Apple fairs in this department - I remember them reducing the Pro lineup to using 30% less energy from pre-2016, but not sure if this was put into the other lineup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.