Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ddanger

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2018
MN
Hey all,

The new OS, Mojave fixes this problem!! Now I can use USB-C to USB-C or USB-C to DisplayPort and they look great on my monitors!!!!!
[doublepost=1537888936][/doublepost]See image of using USB-C input on monitor.

Attachments

• mojave-usb-c.jpg
    mojave-usb-c.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 512
Reactions: setesousa

shaarkie

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2018
Exactly the same issue for me. Was using a 13" 2017 TB MBP though a Dell USB-C dock to a dell monitor connected with DisplayPort (can't remember the specific model) since Feb 2018 with no issues. Upgraded to 2018 15" MBP and immediately noticed exactly what the above pictures show. Switching to HDMI, the difference was like night and day. I even noticed the colours looks better so the other fix makes sense. Happy to stick with the HDMI cable though in my case.

Glad to see it's not just me!
[doublepost=1538678739][/doublepost]Here's a 'bandaid' SOLUTION... until Apple fixes the drivers ...

1. Go to System Preferences > General ... at the bottom, turn off (uncheck box) for "Use LCD font smoothing when available"

2. Reboot

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
I’ve got this problem on my second monitor which is USB C to DisplayPort yet is fine on my main USB C to USB C monitor! Mojave doesn’t solve it or it’s got issues with more than one external monitor still!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.