Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming iOS 10.2 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the third beta of iOS 10.2 and a month after releasing iOS 10.1, the first major update to iOS 10.

Registered developers can download the fourth iOS 10.2 beta from the Apple Developer Center and it should be available over-the-air soon.

10.2-beta-800x450.jpg

iOS 10.2 introduces new emoji, such as clown face, drooling face, selfie, face palm, fox face, owl, shark, butterfly, avocado, pancakes, croissant, and more. There are more than a hundred new emoji, including several profession emoji available in both male and female genders, such as firefighter, mechanic, lawyer, doctor, scientist, and more. Apple has also redesigned many existing emoji, adding more detail to make them look much more realistic.

Along with new emoji, iOS 10.2 includes new wallpaper, new Music sorting options and buttons for Repeat and Shuffle, new "Celebrate" and "Send with Love" Screen Effects, an option for preserving camera settings, a TV widget and TV settings, Single-Sign On support for watching live TV via apps, and the official "TV" app that was first introduced at Apple's October 27 event.

The TV app serves as an Apple-designed TV guide that's designed to simplify the television watching experience and discover new TV shows and movies to watch. The TV app will eventually be available on both iOS devices and the Apple TV.

With iOS 10.2, the "Videos" app is replaced entirely with the new "TV" app, which will now serve as the TV and movie hub on iOS devices.

Apple has called iOS 10 its "biggest release ever" for iOS users, with a revamped lock screen, a Siri SDK for developers, an overhauled Messages app, a dedicated "Home" app for HomeKit users, new facial and object recognition capabilities in Photos, and redesigned Maps and Apple Music apps.

Update: iOS 10.2 beta 4 is now available as an over-the-air download.

Update 2: Apple has also made iOS 10.2 beta 4 available for public beta testers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of iOS 10.2 to Developers [Updated]

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Not available OTA yet - I still think it will be for some reason, just not yet. Downloading from Dev Center anyway because I'm impatient.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
What are the odds whey will fix the iPhone 7 Verizon/Sprint version (A1660/1) modem (Qualcomm) to allow faster LTE speeds?

Reactions: Rašhaud

Tin tin

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2016
I hope this also addresses the network issues many of us have been having since we upgraded to ios10

Reactions: Stenar

CausticSoda

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2014
Abu Dhabi
And this is the first sentence of what this bring us... iOS 10.2 introduces new emoji, such as clown face, drooling face, selfie, face palm, fox face, owl, shark, butterfly, avocado, pancakes, croissant, and more.

Superhappytree

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
Cumbria
And this is the first sentenced of what this bring us... iOS 10.2 introduces new emoji, such as clown face, drooling face, selfie, face palm, fox face, owl, shark, butterfly, avocado, pancakes, croissant, and more.

Sadly that's what many people (non tech geeks) would see and would actually update for. I think Apple realises this, they know people are more likely to update if there's new emoji included.

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
How about they fix the Music app to make it as useful as it used to be? Multiple taps to bring up menus that were once easily accessible? Lack of swipe to unlock? Artist label showing EVERY artist ever purchased from iTunes instead of showing ONLY those artists currently residing on the phone itself? How are these "features" intuitive or useful to anyone?

brunozs

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2005
Lets just hope it'll bring back the vibrator function 10.1 has killed on my iPhone

davis3924

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2016
I wish the camera on my brand new iPhone 7 Plus would work... Something I doubt Apple has fixed in this beta! Once I have my replacement phone, I will download this beta, its worked a charm on my iPad Pro so far!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.