Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spherox

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2015
I'm seriously starting to hate Apple.. I was wondering why I couldn't make any phone calls from my Mac or iPad recently, I had to update to the latest version of iOS 10 for it to work and the feature to be present again. Not only that, but forcing me to update to download something like Facebook? Oh and did that update I HAD to do improve anything for me? Ha, it slowed me down even more and cut my battery life.. AGAIN! I would give up my freedom to knock Tim clean out, seriously.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I'm seriously starting to hate Apple.. I was wondering why I couldn't make any phone calls from my Mac or iPad recently, I had to update to the latest version of iOS 10 for it to work and the feature to be present again. Not only that, but forcing me to update to download something like Facebook? Oh and did that update I HAD to do improve anything for me? Ha, it slowed me down even more and cut my battery life.. AGAIN! I would give up my freedom to knock Tim clean out, seriously.

No one has forced you to install Facebook. Not sure why you are saying that. I have had zero issues making phone calls from my Mac and iPad without updating to the latest version of iOS 10.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Nothing in this rant is true.

You can make calls from Mac or iPad using iOS 9 or older versions of iOS 10.
Nothing forces you to download Facebook.

The Oak

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2013
There is nothing broken... Its intentionally throttled.

Okay, you got me there.

I wonder if this update will remove the "intentional throttle" to allow Verizon/Sprint users to enjoy the full LTE speeds their device internal hardware is capable of.

avtella

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2016
Okay, you got me there.

I wonder if this update will remove the "intentional throttle" to allow Verizon/Sprint users to enjoy the full LTE speeds their device internal hardware is capable of.

I have a Sim Free device on T-Mobile, and I would like that too. However it would be unfair for those who have a GSM only (Intel) version. So I can see why they wouldn't ungimp the QCA version.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
I have a Sim Free device on T-Mobile, and I would like that too. However it would be unfair for those who have a GSM only (Intel) version. So I can see why they wouldn't ungimp the QCA version.
It wouldn't be unfair to anyone - everyone got what they paid for.

That said, leaving it as it is is equally fair for the same reason.

Reactions: KazKam

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Avocados? Why Avocados? Avocados. Avocado emojis. That is going to look so weird. Mind blown. :confused:

At least I like Avocados. Which is more than I can say for clowns, which scare me. Speaking of scary and food emojis, please tell me there are no Brussels Sprouts emojis. :eek: :eek::eek:

BigZ243

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Installed the Beta using iTunes and have the new build 14C82, but software update now shows Beta 3 for OTA download. This is odd...

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
So...i'm guessing no one has any idea yet as to what is new in Beta 4 from Beta 3....just complaining about the lack of new features or what they wanted was not included. LOL. Helpful.

brunozs

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2005
What issue is that?
It just doesnt vibrate anymore. I've search and this seems to be a random issue that affects some people running iOS 10. I'm avoiding resetting to factory which is the only known solution so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.