Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Like the top one.

It’s a tech 21. The power button on this one is a little mush but love the case. Have had it for most phones.

As for the leather Apple case, I don’t know if I’ll make it through the leather break in period. It’s just too slippery. We shall see.

I did put AppleCare on my phone since screen protectors seemed pretty fail so fair for this phone. I found some today that actually fit.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
When I had an iPhone 8, I found it to be super grippy and easy to hold in my hands, but YMMV.
Different physiology. ?‍♀️

This one's the iPhone 7 in clear case but the iPhone SE's the same size anyhow.

IMG_2499.jpg

And this one is the Product RED iPhone SE in black Speck Presidio Grip. I'm liking the splash of color a lot more now after switching cases. It does kinda bug me that this black and red combo is on my AT&T phone and not Verizon. Wish I'd gotten white for AT&T and red for Verizon instead. Gonna wait 60 days for Verizon to unlock and then I'll swap.

I still need to do quite a bit of hand gymnastics with 4.7" but friction from the rubber ridges helps prevent me from constantly dropping the phone.

IMG_2501.jpg

Reactions: iAssimilated

brandonnnnnnn

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2015
TX
I realized this is in the case one! Well I’m using a clear case to showcase the red. It’s JETech off amazon. Cheap and works great! Zagg’s latest screen protectors work! I’m using the antibacterial/blue light one. I originally used a Zagg one made for the iPhone 6/6s which was terrible. So older Zagg ones won’t work. It needs to be the current one they are selling.
53C0D9C7-2B34-4CDA-B6D3-947FD972C3CF.jpeg

Reactions: iAssimilated

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
I purchased this case before I received my SE, have been using it since. I really like it. It’s on the slim side and I have to clean it about once a week because dirt gets trapped between phone and case (white phone so might not be so noticeable with other colors).

I attaches some pics of it below. Hopefully this helps out.
Looks great, I'm really liking the white! When it comes to cleaning dust/dirt out from between your phone and case, I can tell you it's no different with any other color phone. LOL. Between my wife my son and myself we've pretty much had every color offered and still regularly have to take the phone out and clean it.

korbs

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2020
I hope the one I am getting doesn't get yellow over time...
so long as it is not silicone I should be ok, right?

Last edited:

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I realized this is in the case one! Well I’m using a clear case to showcase the red. It’s JETech off amazon. Cheap and works great! Zagg’s latest screen protectors work! I’m using the antibacterial/blue light one. I originally used a Zagg one made for the iPhone 6/6s which was terrible. So older Zagg ones won’t work. It needs to be the current one they are selling. View attachment 913148
What screen protector? Thanks!

dai23

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2020
Ringke Fusion owner and lover here. The Smoke Black version is the perfect mix of clear and gray. Therefore, the case doesn’t turn yellow over time and looks particularly elegant with the (PRODUCT)RED variant.

For those who like even thinner cases, they have the Air case but don't expect as much drop protection though.

Both offer button coverage and don’t have those horrible holes in the back like Spigen's, and the price is like $10.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

KFridman

macrumors regular
May 8, 2020
New York State
I put the Otterbox Defender from my 6s on my SE and there seems to be a very slight gap between the screen protector and the glass. I have to press more firmly now than before. I think I can actually feel the protector move before the phone reacts. The difference in size between the phones is listed on Apple as .01 inch so maybe it was there before but just didn't notice. I'd like to find a case with a screen protector that also shows the Apple logo on the back. I'll use the Otterbox until I find something to my liking.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Ringke Fusion owner and lover here. The Smoke Black version is the perfect mix of clear and gray. Therefore, the case doesn’t turn yellow over time and looks particularly elegant with the (PRODUCT)RED variant.

For those who like even thinner cases, they have the Air case but don't expect as much drop protection though.

Both offer button coverage and don’t have those horrible holes in the back like Spigen's, and the price is like $10.
I am glad they didn’t put those little holes at the bottom for the SE. The Ringke Fusion cases I got for my 11 Pro had them and made the cases useless for me because lint and dust got in immediately.

I got the clear Fusion for my new Product Red SE and it’s very nice. I’m still keeping an eye on Caudabe releasing a new Lucid Clear for the SE. I got the one they made for the iPhone 8 but it’s not as good as the one I had for my old iPhone XR and my 11 Pro.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Any leather slip cases out there like this (in black)?
6410DF0A-6E19-4B95-A583-40DB882AE7E1.jpeg

Piel Frama Unipur. Unfortunately they don't make black anymore.

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
I got myself an SE this past week to replace my iPhone 7 that I use for work. I’ve had the leather case for the 7 for years now. Popped the 7 out, popped the SE in, and it works fine. From the front, I can’t even tell that I got a new phone :)

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I’m looking for something inexpensive and protective, but that doesn’t add much bulk. Ideas?

I’m replacing my grandson’s XR with an SE - got lucky with a friend of my daughter’s who wanted to buy an XR to get back in the Apple ecosystem, and she bought a new SE to trade my grandson for his XR.

He wants to use it out of a case, which is fine at home or my house, but I want a case for him when he takes it outside or in his backpack to his dad’s.

Any suggestions? He wanted the red phone, although it’s not NEARLY as good of a red as that XR. :(

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I’m looking for something inexpensive and protective, but that doesn’t add much bulk. Ideas?

I’m replacing my grandson’s XR with an SE - got lucky with a friend of my daughter’s who wanted to buy an XR to get back in the Apple ecosystem, and she bought a new SE to trade my grandson for his XR.

He wants to use it out of a case, which is fine at home or my house, but I want a case for him when he takes it outside or in his backpack to his dad’s.

Any suggestions? He wanted the red phone, although it’s not NEARLY as good of a red as that XR. :(
I like Ringke Fusion for my red SE. There are two styles. One is clear and protective but aims for the barely there look. The other is also clear but has ruggedized accents.

My favorite really tough cases that give my iPhone 11 Pro and our kids XR’s and my Xr when I had one a barely there look are made by Caudabe. Caudabe Lucid Clear. My daughter dropped her XR down a flight of concrete steps and her XR survived in this case as well as in her backpack. My 11 Pro also survived numerous drops in a Caudabe Lucid Clear. Lol one reason I’m now using an SE is I’ve got some sort of neurological issue going on making me clumsy.

Unfortunately the Caudabe case I was able to get for my SE is an older one meant for the iPhone 8. It’s thinner and the lip doesn’t come up high enough around the screen as they do in the cases made for the newer models. So I’m waiting for the product line they’ve announced as “Coming Soon for iPhone SE”. Until then it’s the Ringke Fusion clear for me.

Ringke cases are easily found on Amazon. Caudabe sells directly from their own web site.

Reactions: arkitect

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I like Ringke Fusion for my red SE. There are two styles. One is clear and protective but aims for the barely there look. The other is also clear but has ruggedized accents.

My favorite really tough cases that give my iPhone 11 Pro and our kids XR’s and my Xr when I had one a barely there look are made by Caudabe. Caudabe Lucid Clear. My daughter dropped her XR down a flight of concrete steps and her XR survived in this case as well as in her backpack. My 11 Pro also survived numerous drops in a Caudabe Lucid Clear. Lol one reason I’m now using an SE is I’ve got some sort of neurological issue going on making me clumsy.

Unfortunately the Caudabe case I was able to get for my SE is an older one meant for the iPhone 8. It’s thinner and the lip doesn’t come up high enough around the screen as they do in the cases made for the newer models. So I’m waiting for the product line they’ve announced as “Coming Soon for iPhone SE”. Until then it’s the Ringke Fusion clear for me.

Ringke cases are easily found on Amazon. Caudabe sells directly from their own web site.

Thanks! I actually picked him up something from Amazon already, but I’m still gonna look those up. I can always return what I got. His phone will be here today, but holding out a couple days for a case wouldn’t be a huge deal.

I actually got this - I think he’s gonna love that the red shows through and has all the black trim/edging. I thought it looked pretty neat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5105973

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I'm still using my Ballistic iPhone 7 case from that time for my iPhone SE, after it served my iPhone and later, my iPhone 8.

It's too heavy duty for most people but it's survived drops.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Thanks! I actually picked him up something from Amazon already, but I’m still gonna look those up. I can always return what I got. His phone will be here today, but holding out a couple days for a case wouldn’t be a huge deal.

I actually got this - I think he’s gonna love that the red shows through and has all the black trim/edging. I thought it looked pretty neat.

FYI I got this case in, and it is a really nice little case. When my grandson gets back from his dad’s tomorrow, I need to take a picture of it on his phone and post it. Not bad at all for $16

Veerasayz

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2020
Where can I place order for iPhone SE 2020 battery case. I'm actually satisfied with battery performance. But now, I would like to play games and my phone needs more power. And I'm from India and I searched amazon and flipkart but couldn't find any. Any help will be appreciated.

Veerasayz

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2020
Where can I place order for iPhone SE 2020 battery case. I'm actually satisfied with battery performance. But now, I would like to play games and my phone needs more power. And I'm from India and I searched amazon and flipkart but couldn't find any. Any help will be appreciated.

I have received my battery case and this is working great

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.