Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple doesn't often introduce new default ringtones for the iPhone, but with the launch of the iPhone X, the company has added a new "Reflection" ringtone that's exclusive to its new flagship device.

iphone-x-angled.jpg

Reflection, with its soft, mellow twinkling sound, is the new default ringtone on the device according to Forbes' David Phelan, who has an iPhone X review unit.
It's called Reflection and it sounds great. Because it's new, I missed two or three calls before I realized I'd been listening to my own phone ring. I mention this because it's the default ringtone and so you might miss it, too.
Developer Guilherme Rambo shared the audio for Reflection on Twitter, and a reddit user dug into the iOS 11.1 code and made a downloadable copy that can be installed on non-iPhone X devices.

This is the new "Reflection" ringtone, only available on iPhone X pic.twitter.com/La0wTzB4wd - Guilherme Rambo (@_inside) November 1, 2017
The iPhone X with the new Reflection ringtone is set to launch in just two days, on November 3.

Article Link: iPhone X Features Exclusive 'Reflection' Ringtone

PlutoPrime

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
This just in... "Apple having production issues with the new ringtone due to yield rates of the new fabrication hardware... Apple engineers will be working day & night to remove this bottleneck."

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I’ll keep my “Dominator,” tone by Armin van Buuren.

I like it though. Nothing says fun like a tropical house inspired FM Marimba.

Reactions: Quirinus

joueboy

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2008
So that sample ringtone has no trouble playing on my iPhone 6S. I bet Apple would say that such feature is not available on older iPhones because the hardware is not capable of playing such sophisticated ringtone. It probably need a processing power to play it.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.