23" Apple Cinema HD Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SPNarwhal, Sep 29, 2011.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

So, few questions.
    I'm about to buy one of these today, was just wanting some fast consultation.

1.) Are these displays still great? Good? Is there a better monitor out there for me? I'm going to be using this as an external display to my 27" iMac, reason I want it is for photo editing- true color and all of that stuff. Since my iMac is glossy. Will this be a good choice? Is this a good monitor for photo editing?

2.) So this is an "HD" display, did the 20" come in "HD"? I did a lot of research on buying around with these, and I've never seen a 20" advertised as HD, but saw the 23" advertised as HD multiple times.

3.) The one I'm buying today is in mint condition, except fo apparently there's a speck of dust locked behind the screen on the very top left corner. They say it isn't noticeable whatsoever really, and extremely hard to find, and that it's in the navigation bar. Knowing me, I'll probably always go to it once I see it. I'm buying this for 225 though, so that sounds like a decent deal, right? The monitor is in mint condition, other than that dust speck.

4.) Will this work with my iMac if I used a DVI to Mini Display port converter?

Just a wandering buyer looking for some insight and guidance on a purchase.
    Any advice would be appreciated!

2. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

i feel like it's impossible to get any advice about this monitor.
    yikes.

I was just hoping to hear something before I went out and bought it, but am supposed to meet the seller in an hour.

3. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

They are good displays if you can get them at a reasonable price. I wouldn't hesitate to run 2 of these if I didn't already have a 27" iMac. :D

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

The old 20" aluminum Cinema Display is 1680x1050 resolution, so it falls short of "HD" 1920x1080 (or in the case of the 23" Cinema Display, 1920x1200).

If the display is in good condition with a still-strong backlight, then it should be a good display. I've got two of the 20" and I'm very pleased with them.

And yes, it should work with your iMac with a cheap mDP-to-DVI adapter. Apple's is $29, but Monoprice.com has them for like $6 or so.

5. SPNarwhal thread starter macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

And 225 is a very reasonable price for a 23", right?
    From what I've seen anyway, but would like someone with more knowledge's opinion.

Seems like that's a very decent deal since, from what I've seen, they can sell upward of 350-400 if nice enough condition?

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I'd say so.