Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Where are you from?

• USA

Votes: 96 17.6%
  • UK

Votes: 192 35.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 40 7.3%
  • Canada

Votes: 51 9.3%
  • South America

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Norway / Finland / Sweden / Denmark / Iceland

Votes: 23 4.2%
  • Other European Countries

Votes: 77 14.1%
  • Japan / Asia

Votes: 28 5.1%
  • Africa

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 26 4.8%

• Total voters

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
i'm not from the UK, Europe or the US, so chalk up one for "other". Maybe you should make this a poll.

We quite like Macs here in Otherland, but probably not more or less than most. I like them a lot, but where i work the Mac:pC ratio is about 1:1200. Is this helping?

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
I'm from Australia and I can tell you at my university there are quite a lot of mac users most have black or white MBs a few (like me) have MBPs as well.

mfacey

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2004
Netherlands
Macs are getting more and more popular here in Holland. They recently opened the second Apple reseller here in Rotterdam. I guess the ipod must be really causing a boost in demand. Nonetheless, there's nowhere near as many mac users here as there are in the USA.

Compatiblepoker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Jacksonville Beach
frankblundt said:
i'm not from the UK, Europe or the US, so chalk up one for "other". Maybe you should make this a poll.

We quite like Macs here in Otherland, but probably not more or less than most. I like them a lot, but where i work the Mac:pC ratio is about 1:1200. Is this helping?

Where is other from. :) I was going to make a poll but couldnt figure out how?

<edit> The poll is now up so feel free to vote :)

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
New Zealand - or nZild as it's known locally, or Australia to many ;) . You can add a poll when you start a thread as described in the FAQs, afterwards, not sure, maybe with the thread tools menu?

iñaki'sonMac'87

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Barcelona
I'm a chilean mac user since 1987, I still have my Clasic II running, a PPC 8500 and a PB G3, today, or tomorrow, I'll get my MBP, can't wait!

anyway, I'm living in Barcelona now, where I can tell you that there are many more mac users than chile...

NJuul

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2006
Boston
Denmark. Just above Germany, just below Norway and Sweden.

There aren't that many mac-users here, but our numbers are rising. Especially this year, I know of several people who made the switch, and macs are available in more and more hardware stores. I think boot-camp was quite a trigger.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I'm from the UK. Mac's are sold through a few outlets over here so I guess they do reasonably well, but for a while I was the only person I knew with one.

Couple of people I know have got MacBooks in the last 4 or 5 months after seeing my PowerBook. I didn't even have to do the hard sell - OS X did that itself!

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
There is also a MR Frapper Map. You do have to zoom out to see that the edges of the world aren't at the US borders :p

[Edit: From now on when people ask where I'm from, I'm going to say "other European countries" :D ]

Dalriada

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2004
Moorlough Shore
Nice idea but the question was How Many non-USA Mac Users? so why leave in the poll a USA option (no hard feelings :p ) Would have been more interesting to elaborate more on the non USA regions rather than having loads of votes under Others

- Dal

2ndPath

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2006
Dalriada said:
Nice idea but the question was How Many non-USA Mac Users? so why leave in the poll a USA option (no hard feelings :p ) Would have been more interesting to elaborate more on the non USA regions rather than having loads of votes under Others

I think having the US in there is good to get a sense of scale. However the poll is still biased, because many people from non-English-speaking country do not read MacRumors, which is in English.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
Denmark too.

Despite popular belief, there are actually a fair number of Apple computer users here.

I clicked on the Norway/Finland/Sweden as Denmark fit in right there more than with the rest of Europe.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
here in taiwan there's not much attention to macs and ipods. it's tough being alone here, and in hong kong, where i ussually live, most of the people that i know that has macs have a lot of problems and are pissed. one of them always shut down by itself, another has whining and discoloring issues, another is crawling slow, etc. i don't have any happy mac users as a friend.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
UK. As mentioned earlier, there are a fair few people here who have macs, but they're far between people.

People I know who have macs are mainly music professionals, but no one else really seems to have one. Still get the "whos Apple?" remarks. *sigh* Poor old Lincoln.....

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Its also extremely early in the morning in the United states, I assume it is more appropriate time in other parts of the world. Once the time shifts you'll see a lot more USA people I believe.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
American on a one-year stay in France (almost over, so sad). I see a fair number of Macs around, and tons of iPods. I'm in a pretty techie part of the country though, so I think I might be skewed a bit. At lunch yesterday there were two people with WWDC t-shirts on (the ones that say Veni Vidi Codi, pretty sweet).

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Compatiblepoker said:
I just wanted to see where the majority of Apple / Mac users are from. Please feel free to post your exact location in the thread. :)
What is your real question?

Is it, in what country are you using your Mac?

Or is it, what country are you from?

The reason that I say this, is many folks may be from one location but live in another country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.