Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jordiemac

macrumors member
May 24, 2012
Langley, BC
Original ETA Dec 24 - Jan 3.

Mine has been shipped and is currently in Memphis (since last night) and says that it will be delivered by the 17th WOOOO HOOOO!

:p:apple::D

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Assured?? Apparently you are not familiar with the UPS "exception" which is their jargon for "oops, we aren't going to be on time after all". Has already happened to a few people on this forum. So keep checking obsessively everyone! lol

Yes, I'm familiar with the screw-ups of UPS. I also know that it could change to exception status at any time. However, if the status is still "on time", then it should be delivered on time.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Isn't there some sort of dance we can do to appease the Apple gods?

I have have been forgiven by the tech gods. Three little words. Preparing for shipment. To all those 11/30ers who may be still out there, you will be next. How about you, Bayleaves?

I know it sayd 2-3 business day but, really, is there any hope I will get this for Christmas Eve?

Ordered online at 7:30am on November 30 from St. Louis Missouri
27" / 3.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 3TB Fusion Drive / GeForce GTX 680MX
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days
Preparing for shipment on Sunday, Dec 16

urbsoc

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2012
For those asking about timing after you move from processing to preparing for shipment, this is what happened for me. I'm one of the last of the 5 minute club. My email from Apple acknowledging my order was received at 3.04AM Nov 30th 2012. Since I was spending so much money any way, I paid the extra $30 for 2-3 day "expedited delivery" (in other words, Fedex not UPS). Original delivery period: Dec 21-28 in 2-3 business days.

MY ORDER:
3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple Num Kybd(Eng)+User's Gd

MY SHIPPING RECORD: All times EST.
Th Dec 13, 2012 8.30 PM "Preparing for shipment" status noticed

Th Dec 13, 2012 10:12 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:41 AM Left FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN

Fri Dec 14, 2012 6.44 AM "You have been sent a shipment" e-mail from the Apple Store. Estimated delivery (at that point) Dec 19, 2012.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:47 AM International shipment release SHANGHAI CN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 AM In transit SHANGHAI CN

Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 PM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:47 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:50 AM In transit MEMPHIS, TN
Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:00 AM International shipment release MEMPHIS, TN

Dec 16, 2012 4:06 PM Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
Dec 16, 2012 6:15 PM Arrived at FedEx location NEWARK, NJ

Current estimated delivery Tues Dec 18, 2012 by 10:30 AM BROOKLYN, NY

As far as I can see, the only odd thing about my story is my iMac got a direct flight from Shanghai to Memphis, then spent Saturday in Memphis (presumably listening to music). So remember "business days" means the process slows down over the weekend. Oh, and I told my wife what I'd done tonight, and note: was still alive to make this posting!

Last edited:

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
I have have been forgiven by the tech gods. Three little words. Preparing for shipment. To all those 11/30ers who may be still out there, you will be next. How about you, Bayleaves?

I know it sayd 2-3 business day but, really, is there any hope I will get this for Christmas Eve?

Ordered online at 7:30am on November 30 from St. Louis Missouri
27" / 3.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 3TB Fusion Drive / GeForce GTX 680MX
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days
Preparing for shipment on Sunday, Dec 16
should ship tomorrow morning or tuesday morning US time depending on when fedex in China gets it, and 2-3 business days would be wednesday-friday depending on ship date (assuming fedex). Mine shipped last thursday with 2 business day fedex... unfortunately the first business day was friday which meant second business day is tomorrow. Weekends throw it off. Yours going into processing Sunday night is a GOOD thing :)

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
Yay, mine finally changed from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment" (ordered Nov 30 at 12:03 AM). :D

Hoping to see that my BTO 27" soon changes from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment"!!! I ordered on Nov 30th (expedited Dec 31st - Jan 4th) around 7:00pm eastern.

After reading about numerous earlier than expected deliveries, i was hoping my new iMac would be under the Christmas tree! I can't possibly see that happening now at this late stage. Seems like forever :(

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Hoping to see that my BTO 27" soon changes from "Processing" to "Preparing for Shipment"!!! I ordered on Nov 30th (expedited Dec 31st - Jan 4th) around 7:00pm eastern.

After reading about numerous earlier than expected deliveries, i was hoping my new iMac would be under the Christmas tree! I can't possibly see that happening now at this late stage. Seems like forever :(

I wouldn't say there is no hope until around Wednesday. At that point your only hope would be if you had next day delivery.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Grats, Millk18!!! That's great news!

Nope, no forgiveness here. Still waiting.

Yours has to be soon. I am betting before you get up in the AM. But, then again, if I recall correctly, you are on the West Coast. It may be before you retire for the evening! Be sure to post before doing your happy dance.

Airnova

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2012
Charlottetown, PEI Canada
I wouldn't say there is no hope until around Wednesday. At that point your only hope would be if you had next day delivery.

Thanks for the encouragement, Wednesday is what I also calculated. Got to be moving by then or else I"m looking sometime before the new year. Can't complain, it's only a material thing. People elsewhere (Connecticut) have to deal with heart wrenching loss of life. "C'mon airnova, you gotta keep things in perspective:)" Lord knows I'm trying.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Getting a bit concerned. Just woke up. It's 530am eastern time 12/17/2012. My ups delivery still says on track for delivery today.

But last update says it left Louisville 48 hours ago 12/15/2012

They should have scanned it in orlando hub by 2am this morning for final destination to my house 30 miles away.

I have a feeling if by 7am status doesn't change I will get the dreaded UPS delivery "exception" only problem I have with ups is they will wait till almost 7pm tonight to update status to "exception".

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
"Out for delivery" @0230. I do not envy UPS drivers this time of year. UPS seems to deliver on the stated delivery date but is absolutely horrible at updating their tracking info. So for those of you waiting on UPS, try not to get so concerned about the lack of updates, as long as your delivery date is posted you most likely are good to go. Thanks for all the helpful posts everyone, enjoy your new iMacs.

APLRULZ

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
"Out for delivery" @0230. I do not envy UPS drivers this time of year. UPS seems to deliver on the stated delivery date but is absolutely horrible at updating their tracking info. So for those of you waiting on UPS, try not to get so concerned about the lack of updates, as long as your delivery date is posted you most likely are good to go. Thanks for all the helpful posts everyone, enjoy your new iMacs.

By the way: I ordered within the first 15mins of launch and was given orig. delivery of 24 Dec-31 Dec. Delivery has taken 7 days so those of u in more of rush may want to pay the extra for quicker delivery. Enjoy!

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Finally switched to "out for delivery" in Longwood Florida. At 605am this morning

UPS didn't even update it being scanned at orlando hub around 2-4am.

Matthewimac

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
Mine is similar, I only went to preparing this morning and this Arvo was shipped but the TNT tracking is showing some random shipment in Amman??? Weird
I'm also in Oz so I hope the tracking kicks in correctly soon?

George you got your imac yet. Mine has been stuck in sydney since sat. Hopefully it will get here soon.

aerobyravol

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Switzerland
My 27" just turned into a 21"... ;)

car-humor-joke-funny-traffic-tnt-truck-yes-we-can-bridge-crash.jpg

bielen

macrumors regular
May 26, 2008
New Jersey
iMac Shipped

I finally switched to shipped. Week 50 iMac ordered on 11/30 at 9:00am.

Left Fedex Origin facility in Shanghai at 2:40pm. Does this mean it was put on a plane? Where do I track?

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

DDaddyx2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Both of the 27" iMacs I ordered have been sitting in Louisville since Friday morning. :mad:

One says it'll be delivered today which seems unlikely now; the other says delivery on Wednesday. Louisville is only a couple hours from where I live. I'll just head down there and pick them up!

MojoRisinSD

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2012

Left Fedex Origin facility in Shanghai at 2:40pm. Does this mean it was put on a plane? Where do I track?

I've got the exact same tracking info... can't wait!

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC

You should get "At local Fedex facility" in Shanghai next, then "International shipment release - Import" and finally "In transit" in Shanghai, which means it's on the plane. 7-8 hours later a scan in Anchorage, or if yours went straight to Memphis, ~12 hours later.

Just keep refreshing your fedex tracking page

----------

Mine is now only 20 minutes from me, yet I still have to wait all day for it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.