Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Well, it was bound to happen. Me and my girlfriend broke up, and she was feeling pretty bad. Well, it turns out that either she o her friend called my phone service provider and said that my cell phone got stolen. So they cut my service and today I won't be getting any messages or calls. That sucks, since I was supposed to get a couple of work related calls :(

Anything else an ex-couple has done to you out of spite?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
You probably deserved it. Hey a woman scorned right?
But really that sucks, you should tell everyone she's pregnant.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
You probably deserved it. Hey a woman scorned right?
But really that sucks, you should tell everyone she's pregnant.

AFAIK, I did nothing to deserve that. I ended the relationship because I felt smothered, and after a month and a half after we had many conversations on the subject (in which I never raised my voice, insulted her or anything) I saw no change, and the feeling was gone for me.

And no, I'm not stooping that low :) I'll get it fixed tomorrow and that's that. You wouldn't want to throw more wood in a scorned woman's fire, do you? :p

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Sorry about that. I had no idea. :eek:

For some reason, I always assume all your lives are static. I don't know anybody personally, so it's always a bit difficult to know what's going on.

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
My dad once had a girlfriend who threw bricks through all his windows because her number wasn't in his speed dial.

I've managed to find sane girlfriends through my life. :D

My ex sort of made his presence known on MR. That was irritating.

I'm curious to know what happened....but if you don't want to tell, you don't have to.

EDIT: sorry wildcowboy.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
[EVIL]

Well, you know her service provider, don't you?

[/EVIL]

Yep, it's the same as mine. And to report a stolen line, you just have to say "hey, my number [insert any number you wish here] just got stolen and I would like it deactivated". But I won't do that.

I've managed to find sane girlfriends through my life. :D

I've so far only managed to find regular girls that go psychotically jealous on me. It sucks big time.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Sorry about that. I had no idea.
It's ok. I don't expect everyone to know everything about me. :p

I'm curious to know what happened...
Nothing. Just what I said. He posted probably assuming (I'm assuming this since I don't know what he was actually thinking) it would bother me since he knew that MR is sort of a sanctuary of sorts for me. *shrug* No real drama.

Mavimao

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2005
Lyon, France
Nothing. Just what I said. He posted probably assuming (I'm assuming this since I don't know what he was actually thinking) it would bother me since he knew that MR is sort of a sanctuary of sorts for me. *shrug* No real drama.

Ahh, ok. I thought maybe he spread nasty rumors about you or something.

"Devilot likes realplayer better than VLC!"...or something like that.

TheDance511

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2007
California soon
My ex dumped me in a public place... i was with her for 6 years.... i couldnt hold back the tears..but its ok im only a human being....im still very very young...:apple: </3

Belly-laughs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2003
you wish
The worst thing they do is making you realise a decade later, when you´re tied up with kids and mortgage, that you picked for the wrong one…

:eek: :p

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
In order to avoid backlash, I use this approach...

I treat her really sweet and professional approach, like a apple pro care rep.

"Would you like me to mail your private items to your new address?"
"Um... can I just pick them up, I really want to see you..."

"No, I would not like you to inconvenience yourself, may I have your address please?"

"122 Pine Street."

"Ok, your private things should arrive within a week by DHL. Thank you."

"Can we please talk about things, I don't want things to end on bad terms between us."
"Nonsense, we're still friends. I'm sure when things blow over, we'll be having lunch again. Don't worry, you did nothing wrong. It was just a case of bad timing/ mismatched personality. You are a sweet girl, but it simply wasn't meant to be."

---------------------------------------------------

NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING ANNOYS WOMEN MORE THAN KNOWING THAT THEIR ACTIONS HAVE NO EFFECT ON YOU. BY TREATING THEM LIKE A VALUED CUSTOMER, YOU ADD INSULT TO INJURY BECAUSE THEY CAN'T COMPLAIN TO THEIR FRIENDS ABOUT HOW MUCH OF AN ******* YOU ARE. ALL THEY CAN DO IS JUST SIT IN THEIR APARTMENTS AND RETHINK EVERYTHING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

---------------------------------------------------

carbonmotion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2004
San Francisco, CA
The worest way to dump a girl friend is to text her at 3 in the morning with simply "I DUMP U"

then never speak to her again

i knew someone who did that because he met this girl at a club and didnt want to be a cheater. lol. what an *******.

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
one of my exes caused me into a car accident when we "talked" in my car.

another person that i dated called me at 3 or 4 am for months after things didn't work out. i also believe that my pics were posted at some dirty sites, because my personal .mac email was constantly receiving nasty "offers" from random gals and guys, sugar mamas and sugar papas.

my current ex tends to call me at 4 or 5 am when she's drunk or because she's "bored."

that's all i can recall at the moment.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Mine tried to get me beaten up by a bunch of blokes in a shopping mall by saying I'd slapped her or something (which of course I hadn't done any such thing)...thankfully security stopped them "taking me outside" and it all blew over.

Suffice it to say I never talked to the witch again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.