2g Streaming from itunes 9

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by charleyfarley, Mar 18, 2011.

1. charleyfarley macrumors newbie

i have a ppc Powerbook G4 running tiger 10.4.11 that will only support as far as itunes 9.

Is there any way i can sync my 2g Ipod Touch to access and play the laptop itunes library over my wireless network? :confused:

So far all my searching has resulted in requirements for itunes10 only:(

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Even if you had iTunes 10, how could you stream media to your iPod from iTunes?

I want to know!

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

You will need iTunes 10 in order to be able to do so. iTunes 9 does not support it.

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

The iPod Touch 2G doesn't support this feature either, as it will not run iOS 4.3. :mad:

Too bad, it works like gangbusters on my iPhone 3Gs

5. charleyfarley thread starter macrumors newbie

so even if i had itunes10 running is the 2g unable to support this streaming? i thought that because it has wireless connectivity it could :confused:

is there any mileage in jailbreaking? being a noob i'm not even sure what the benefits are.

6. AdrianK macrumors 68020

Yes, it will not work.

Airplay client was only added in 4.3. iTunes 10 will act as a server but since you have no client on your touch, it obviously wont work.

7. charleyfarley thread starter macrumors newbie

just so it is is clear what i want to be able to do, itunes will be running on my laptop which is on all the time... i want to listen to the content on it thru the wireless network using my 2g itouch.

is it airtunes i need and not airplay? i have no desire to view video wirelessly.