'2kbps' download speed on Retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by golu14, Jun 29, 2012.

1. golu14 macrumors regular

I'm getting fine speeds on my iPad but on my new rMBP (not even a day old) it is like 1 or 2 kbps! i cannot download anything, browsing is fast as always but download speeds are slower than dial up.

its happening from the time i first used it except that speeds were 30-40 that time which is also super slow.
    everything works well on my iPad and other windows/mac laptops so there is something with rmbp only.
    I've tried installing from several sources, still the same result.

also, I'm hardly 10 feet away from my wifi router and the signal too is full.

do you know anything about fixing it?

thanks!

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

You couldn't get fast browsing if your download speed was actually 2kbps at all time. This could be a software issue. What are you downloading with? A browser? Torrent client? Try another browser/client to see if speed is normal.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

What have you done besides moving yourself around? Reset browser?

4. golu14 thread starter macrumors regular

2.2mbps from speedtest.net

i always get 200kbps+ for download

I've reset the browser, the whole computer but still won't do it.

im downloading with safari but its same when downloading from mac app store.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

How far are you from the router antenna? What is your home made from? Wood? Brick?

I ask, because when it comes to wireless, building materials count to strength and reception.

6. golu14 thread starter macrumors regular

10 feet, if not closer.

it made from bricks and cement but theres not even a paper in between the router antenna and the laptop. its all in the line of sight.:mad:

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

reset the router, reset the modem, reset the computer. run the speedtest on the ipad and the computer and report what you get.

8. Vegasboricua702 macrumors member

Had the same exact problem today. Go into your router settings and set your router to channel 10. That worked for me.