iPhone X 2nd iPhone X still have issues

mtenuta

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Hi guys on my second iPhone X and it’s starting to get ridiculous. I’m getting freezing for over 5 minutes. Need to do soft resets constant crashing and delayed calls. This is my second phone and I’m starting to feel like I’m on an old android rather than an iPhone ! Anyone having these issues ?

jetlagged

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2012
Return and exchange it. Luckily I have had no problems but i know there are some that has issues

jaymulli95

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Had mine since release day and it hasn't crashed once. Definitely get it replaced

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Hi guys on my second iPhone X and it’s starting to get ridiculous. I’m getting freezing for over 5 minutes. Need to do soft resets constant crashing and delayed calls. This is my second phone and I’m starting to feel like I’m on an old android rather than an iPhone ! Anyone having these issues ?
In 6 months the XS and X Plus will be released. Wait...

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I agree with @Newtons Apple.

Wipe your phone and install as new. Stick with the stock apps at first and see if you encounter the problems you were having. If not, load one app at a time and see if you have problems. Also check your usage to see if an app is using a lot of the phone's resources etc.

Sometimes, a person can get unlucky, especially when millions of devices are manufactured. It happens. But, before you go blaming Apple, make sure the problem isn't on your end with Apps, or some third party charger as @Ralfi mentioned.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Getting two or three defective devices in a row is really bad luck. I think that maybe it could be some app you are using that causes this. Defects will happen, but three devices in a row?
I have a game app that recently started freezing up my 8+. Really odd, started that nasty behavior after the last iOS update. Just got pissed enough to delete it. Haven't had a problem since. (Knock on wood)
[doublepost=1520086434][/doublepost]

Wipe your phone and install as new. Stick with the stock apps at first and see if you encounter the problems you were having. If not, load one app at a time and see if you have problems. Also check your usage to see if an app is using a lot of the phone's resources etc.

Sometimes, a person can get unlucky, especially when millions of devices are manufactured. It happens. But, before you go blaming Apple, make sure the problem isn't on your end with Apps, or some third party charger as @Ralfi mentioned.
Check the logs too, although, granted, it's like a needle in a haystack.

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
Getting two or three defective devices in a row is really bad luck. I think that maybe it could be some app you are using that causes this. Defects will happen, but three devices in a row?
An App, or a third party (fast &/or wireless) charger?
Agree.. Most of the time the phone gets blamed when its not a phone issue. My guess is the same and it's a problematic app.. I am on X #1 and it's been flawless. For someone to have went through 2 or more with the same issue then it's probably an app..

Reactions: Newtons Apple

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

I had one of the 'bad' 6+'s, and never had the problem they became notorious for. I also never overloaded it with apps and other content after hearing that there was a potential link with loaded devices. *shrug* I remember getting three defective motherboards from Dell. All for the same system and client. Third world class support back then. YIKES! And yet people LOVED them.

raqball

macrumors 68020
Sep 11, 2016
In 6 months the XS and X Plus will be released. Wait...
Sept is 7 months away so assume 8 months until the next phones are shipping.... I don't understand why 15 seconds after a phones is released people start clambering on about the next one will be out in xx months so wait....

2 or 3 months out? Sure.... 8? C'mon man!

Reactions: BasicGreatGuy

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
Sept is 7 months away so assume 8 months until the next phones are shipping.... I don't understand why 15 seconds after a phones is released people start clambering on about the next one will be out in xx months so wait....

2 or 3 months out? Sure.... 8? C'mon man!
That new car will be available in 11 more months. Hang in there having to walk 10 miles to work uphill both ways every day. Try not to get discouraged seeing different model cars on the road that fit your budget. Keep on truckin'.

Reactions: raqball

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
How would I know? He didn't mention apps, he just said he was getting freezing and crashes during calls. That isn't normal.
You are right. It isn't normal.

My point was, before someone uses the "I would return it" retort, consider that the OP's problem may be third party app related. At least test the hypothesis. If the hypothesis ends up being correct, the OP has saved himself the hassle of having to return again. He also ends up saving Apple some money. If the hypothesis isn't correct, then we have a good idea it is hardware related.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
You are right. It isn't normal.

My point was, before someone uses the "I would return it" retort, consider that the OP's problem may be third party app related. At least test the hypothesis. If the hypothesis ends up being correct, the OP has saved himself the hassle of having to return again. He also ends up saving Apple some money. If the hypothesis isn't correct, then we have a good idea it is hardware related.
He/she didn't mention anything about app issues. He/she said the OS was freezing for 5 minutes and the phone app was crashing during calls. If they have tried to restore already (which I would assume) then I don't see anything else he/she can do. Plus, people that are on their 2nd phone tend to have continuous issues, may be best just to return and try something else.

FRVES

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
An App, or a third party (fast &/or wireless) charger?
First one quit after the latest software update. Second one had a defective screen, 3D Touch wouldn't work. Third one seems okay so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.