iPhone X 2nd iPhone X still have issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtenuta, Mar 1, 2018.

1. mtenuta macrumors member

Hi guys on my second iPhone X and it’s starting to get ridiculous. I’m getting freezing for over 5 minutes. Need to do soft resets constant crashing and delayed calls. This is my second phone and I’m starting to feel like I’m on an old android rather than an iPhone ! Anyone having these issues ?

2. jetlagged macrumors 6502

Return and exchange it. Luckily I have had no problems but i know there are some that has issues

3. jaymulli95 macrumors member

jaymulli95

Had mine since release day and it hasn't crashed once. Definitely get it replaced

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

5. FRVES macrumors member

FRVES

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Getting two or three defective devices in a row is really bad luck. I think that maybe it could be some app you are using that causes this. Defects will happen, but three devices in a row?

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

An App, or a third party (fast &/or wireless) charger?

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

In 6 months the XS and X Plus will be released. Wait...

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I agree with @Newtons Apple.

Wipe your phone and install as new. Stick with the stock apps at first and see if you encounter the problems you were having. If not, load one app at a time and see if you have problems. Also check your usage to see if an app is using a lot of the phone's resources etc.

Sometimes, a person can get unlucky, especially when millions of devices are manufactured. It happens. But, before you go blaming Apple, make sure the problem isn't on your end with Apps, or some third party charger as @Ralfi mentioned.

10. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

I have a game app that recently started freezing up my 8+. Really odd, started that nasty behavior after the last iOS update. Just got pissed enough to delete it. Haven't had a problem since. (Knock on wood)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 3, 2018 ---
    Check the logs too, although, granted, it's like a needle in a haystack.

11. raqball macrumors 68000

Agree.. Most of the time the phone gets blamed when its not a phone issue. My guess is the same and it's a problematic app.. I am on X #1 and it's been flawless. For someone to have went through 2 or more with the same issue then it's probably an app..

12. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

I had one of the 'bad' 6+'s, and never had the problem they became notorious for. I also never overloaded it with apps and other content after hearing that there was a potential link with loaded devices. *shrug* I remember getting three defective motherboards from Dell. All for the same system and client. Third world class support back then. YIKES! And yet people LOVED them.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Sept is 7 months away so assume 8 months until the next phones are shipping.... I don't understand why 15 seconds after a phones is released people start clambering on about the next one will be out in xx months so wait....

2 or 3 months out? Sure.... 8? C'mon man!

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

That new car will be available in 11 more months. Hang in there having to walk 10 miles to work uphill both ways every day. Try not to get discouraged seeing different model cars on the road that fit your budget. Keep on truckin'.

15. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

I'd return it, mine has been perfect since day 1.

16. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Are you using the exact same apps in the same manner as the OP?

17. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

How would I know? He didn't mention apps, he just said he was getting freezing and crashes during calls. That isn't normal.

18. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You are right. It isn't normal.

My point was, before someone uses the "I would return it" retort, consider that the OP's problem may be third party app related. At least test the hypothesis. If the hypothesis ends up being correct, the OP has saved himself the hassle of having to return again. He also ends up saving Apple some money. If the hypothesis isn't correct, then we have a good idea it is hardware related.

19. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

He/she didn't mention anything about app issues. He/she said the OS was freezing for 5 minutes and the phone app was crashing during calls. If they have tried to restore already (which I would assume) then I don't see anything else he/she can do. Plus, people that are on their 2nd phone tend to have continuous issues, may be best just to return and try something else.

20. FRVES macrumors member

FRVES

First one quit after the latest software update. Second one had a defective screen, 3D Touch wouldn't work. Third one seems okay so far.

21. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 601

PinkyMacGodess

It's not unheard of. I went through 2 6+'s that had issues. One had no sound at all. *shrug*