Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar
How about this one from April of this year about Google dumping Nexus 7 tablets in India.

http://harryjerry.com/tech/nexus-7-tablets-india/

Ah, selling items in another country is dumping them?

By the way, the Nexus 7 (2012) is still sold everywhere but the USA because there is no release date for the new Nexus 7.

But I see, what Google has to do is not selling anything if they will sell a new item in a distant future.
Try again.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
Ah, selling items in another country is dumping them?

By the way, the Nexus 7 (2012) is still sold everywhere but the USA because there is no release date for the new Nexus 7.

But I see, what Google has to do is not selling anything if they will sell a new item in a distant future.
Try again.

Ah nothing quells the delusions of a diehard fandroid. Dumping at a loss isn't really dumping is it?

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Ah nothing quells the delusions of a diehard fandroid. Dumping at a loss isn't really dumping is it?

I think it's called a fire sale. Happens all the time in all industries. Usually, when a new model comes out. Sometimes, it's a loss, sometimes it isn't. There's really nothing sinister about it.

Greg.

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2010
London, UK
How about this one from April of this year about Google dumping Nexus 7 tablets in India.

http://harryjerry.com/tech/nexus-7-tablets-india/

That's your source? Did you actually read it? It's a blog post from someone who is trying to portray a delayed product launch in a new region as Google 'dumping' their masses of unsold Nexus 7's on the Indian market. And because there was some speculation at the time that a new Nexus tablet might be announced in 3 months time, then Google should clearly stop selling the current Nexus 7 - that's how it business works right?

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24253413

IDC 2Q of 2013

Android: 62.6%
iOS: 32.5%
Windows: 4%

idc-tablet-q2-2013-c2.gif

Oletros

macrumors 603
Jul 27, 2009
Premià de Mar

The problem of your claim it is that the Nexus 7 is sold in India at the same price than it is sold in the rest of the world, it is not sold at a loss.

So, facts:
-In India started to be sold at least 6 months before the new Nexus 7, well, the new Nexus 7 was just a rumor.
-The price of the Nexus 7 in India is the same than in the rest of the world where it is sold (UK, Germany, Spain, etc) so it is not sold at a loss.

So, you call others delusional, fandroid and the one that doesn't has just one fact right is you

----------

I think it's called a fire sale. Happens all the time in all industries. Usually, when a new model comes out. Sometimes, it's a loss, sometimes it isn't. There's really nothing sinister about it.

It was not a fire sale, the Nexus 7 (2012) is still sold in all the other markets at the original price

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
A co-worker got a Nexus 7.2. So I can officially say I see an android tablet daily.

Mind you, it's outpaced by the iPad in the same environment by 20:1 easily.

Telling me android tablets lead the segment is like telling me Ashton Kutcher has been in a good movie.

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
So it is weird that people with Android tablets don't look ridiculous carrying a tablet all over the place with them (or using a 10" tablet as a camera)? Ridiculous is the nicest word I could come up with.

Or might it have something to do with the fact that Apple users are forced to use such a tiny screen with their phone, that they have no choice but to "also" carry a tablet around with them, just to watch media or web surf? ;)

Your logic is flawed. Are you saying I'm only gonna buy an iPad if I own an iPhone or an android if I own an android. There are tons of people who carry around a gs4, yet own an iPad, which they leave at home.

----------

Could it be that general customers finally understand the need in a tablet for a main central accessible file system and manager like Android and Windows RT/8 have?

The iPad without an accessible file system is less useful since you have to do many workarounds and other things are just plain impossible.

I bet the general public bought an iPad first and after using it for a year or two decided to change and buy something else that is more feature rich and computer or laptop alike: Android and Windows tablets.

Maybe but the android app collection for tablets is non-existent. If I want a device that will use non-stock apps, I am def. gonna prefer an iPad.

----------

Wait there's a blackberry tablet? :D

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Right now the biggest threat to iPad 4/iPad mini are iPad 2 and iPad 3.

Besides simply disposable income. There is no real good reason to upgrade unless someone has iPad 1 which is 3 plus years old.

People simply are hanging on to their iPad longer.

This gives Android opportunity to snatch market share quickly.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Right now the biggest threat to iPad 4/iPad mini are iPad 2 and iPad 3.

Besides simply disposable income. There is no real good reason to upgrade unless someone has iPad 1 which is 3 plus years old.

People simply are hanging on to their iPad longer.

This gives Android opportunity to snatch market share quickly.

Wouldn't that also equate to Apple not innovating enough to justify upgrading from older devices?

Also, why would a brand new buyer get an Android tablet instead of an iPad? It seems many are choosing Android. My guess price it the determining factor.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Wouldn't that also equate to Apple not innovating enough to justify upgrading from older devices?

Also, why would a brand new buyer get an Android tablet instead of an iPad? It seems many are choosing Android. My guess price it the determining factor.

That's why Apple stock has dropped. They aren't growing as they were the past 5 years with iPhone than iPad.

Most new buyers are choosing Android tablets because of price. If they had a choice they would chose iPad.

The data clearly shows Apple is still outselling the Samsung by a wide 2:1 margin in tablets.

There are tons of cheap android tablets selling in third world countries fueling this growth.

Ask Nokia how they are doing financially by selling the most phones the past 10-15 years. Nokia is struggling. Only so many cheap phones they can sell.

huskerbear

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2013
Whats an ipad cost?

I ask because I hear many saying the only reason people buy android is because they are cheap. I'm sure there is some lower end stuff for lesser money (whats wrong with that?) but I can buy whatever I want, within reason. My android tablet was $500 a few years ago and my 2 samsung phones were $275 a piece with a 2 year contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.