3 iPhone Questions (Bookmarking, Syncing, photos)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by illegalprelude, Jul 7, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Ok. So there is 3 things I cant figure out to do with the iPhone.

So here we go.
    8GB iPhone
    OSX 10.4.9 (or whatever were on :D )
    iLife 05

Drum Roll Please.
    Question #1
    When I access websites via the iPhone, how do I add bookmarks? Cause I saw how I can make new folders but I dont see how I can add or make new bookmarks.

Question #2
    When I sync with iTunes and lets say I make changes to my Contacts list, it seems like its not Syncing it with Address book. Is it?

Question #3
    I have no problem making folders in iPhoto and importing them into the iPhone and sorts and getting stuff off the iPhone to iPhoto but I made a folder called "Matrix". There was just a bunch of high res wallpapers. In iTunes, it sees the folder called Matrix but it wont import those photos!
    Their jpeg. I still got like 600MB of free space. I cant figure it out.

So any help would be much appreciated

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Tap the + to the left of the URL at the top of Safari's window.

arn

3. eddietr macrumors 6502a

on question 2: if I update a contact on the phone, I do see those changes in address book after the next sync. In fact, I associated a picture with my wife on my phone and after my next sync, I noticed in mail.app on my mac that all my emails from her now had that same picture on them.

On question 3: are you sure you have selected that album to be synced in iTunes?

4. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Thanks arn! There we go with that :D

To the sync part, your right, if i Make a change on the iPhone and sync, from Address Book pops up this thing of "hey, do you wanna change these" so awesome :cool:

But for question 3, its weird. Like those are the only things it wont do. any other pictures I have syn no problem. I even deleted the folder and remade it but it just wont take my matrix pictures. weird as hell!

5. freeflydrew macrumors member

try exporting the pictures out of iphoto as jpegs, and just reimport them right back in (delete the originals). (i kow they're already jpgs, but maybe iphoto willdo something to the format that is different than what you did)

6. extratiny macrumors newbie

syncing iphone HELP my Mac crashed

Hi all

I have an urgent question and I hope someone would be able to help me........ The Mac that I have been syncing my iphone with ........ CRASHED!!! Since iphone can only syn with only 1 Mac, I am now not allowed to syn my iphone with another Mac,,,, Can someone help!!!!

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sorry no one came to your aid before this.

See my post in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=817039

There are many other threads describing how to transfer to a new computer when the one you were using crashed. I have posts in those, as well, probably.

BTW, you probably should've posted this as a new thread, so you would have got an answer maybe more quickly. The thread title doesn't really apply to you and it's 3 years old.