3 problems with my new iPad...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by btownguy, Mar 16, 2012.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

1). Yellowish screen. I assume this will go away in time.

2). Backlight bleeding - same as on my iPad 2 - it's in clumps along the edge visible when watching Netflix in a dark room. Very annoying.

3). I bought the Marware Microshell Folio case (specific for the iPad 3). I had the same model case for the iPad 2. This case is supposed to use the magnets to turn the screen off and on. It doesn't. Not sure if this is a problem with the case or the iPad.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

1 problem with mine - I am at work and can't play with it.

I have virtually no bleed, even at full brightness, and my screen is beautiful.

I wanna go home so I can play!

3. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

My screen has backlight bleed too. And yellow screen.

My back casing has some blemishes on it.

Also my carbon fiber case for my iPad 2 doesn't fit.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

My wife got that same case and I can confirm it aint making the iPad go to sleep nor is it waking it up.

5. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I read somewhere that they changed the sensor position some on the new ipad and the apple protector works but not all 3rd party cases do. I suspect apple used more magnets and has a bigger sweet spot.

6. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

What sensor? Oh re read thread, they meant sensor to wake up iPad. I thought you meant some other sensor on exterior of case

7. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I really wondered how Marware where could produce a new case before it was available from Apple. It's not like Apple hands these things out early for 3rd party mfgrs to use.

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I got their micro shell back cover for mine, and it was a tight fit but it fits fine. I am using it with a genuine Apple Smart Cover. Best combination out there IMHO.

9. btownguy thread starter macrumors 6502

Please open a ticket with Marware to complain. I did.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I will do that right now. Thanks!

11. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

You would think that after the iPad 2 light bleed problem, this issue would have been taken care of.

I would go back, and exchange for another one. For the amount of money that you spent, your iPad should have 0 issues from day 1.

12. Goodfella84 macrumors newbie

I have a Screen which on the left side is yellow in tint and on the right side blue... I hope this will correct itself over time!

I also have a single stuck pixel roughly centre of the screen, this however is virtually indistinguishable during normal use and only barley visible on a pure black screen.

I have almost no light bleed on this screen though which is a nice change from my iPad 2!

Just really hoping the yellow is part of the bonding process which plagued the previous models and will correct itself when the iPad 'dries' out.

13. homeboy macrumors 6502

I have the exact same case. Had one for my iPad 2 and bought one for my iPad 3. It was a struggle to squeeze in the final corner but it now fits and the magnets work without a problem.

Make sure that you haven't unknowingly switch off the wake up feature in the settings.

14. SK360 macrumors 6502

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on my, my screen appears the same... Very very little bleeding and no dead pixels I can see, don't think I'd take it back

15. curtisinoc macrumors 6502

Where in the settings is this feature? . . can't seem to find it

16. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They are not the only one. The $50 Targus case from Amazon does not work either. I think they all GUESSES and not they will pay the penalty. Mine will go back on Monday.

17. big samm macrumors 65816

Just crank the brightness down and you should be ok!

18. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Settings -> general -> iPad cover lock / unlock

19. glen e macrumors 68030

it is spotty - my targus works perfect everytime....

----------

it will not be there until a smartcover is put on the unit - trick it with another mag if necessary...

20. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

One problem with mine: Safari's screen buffer is seriously limited. Doing a Google Image Search on both my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and my new iPad the 10.1 renders photos all the way down a long page of photo previews, where the iPad show empty boxes at around 50% of the page. Google is in "tablet" mode on both devices.

Smoothness of image scrolling is better on the iPad.
    The 10.1's screen is brighter.

My iPad came from the local Target, where they had 4 (16gb black wifi) in stock and no one waiting to buy one.

21. jamiemcd, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

jamiemcd macrumors newbie

Same here -- left side a noticeable yellow tint and right side a noticeable blue tint. Pretty distracting from an otherwise amazing screen upgrade resolution wise. However this will be enough for me to ask for a replacement after a week if it remains. I'm fine with either tint as long as it is slight and, most importantly, uniform.

22. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

I got the same thing, the left side is noticably warmer than the right. Overall, a warm screen is so much better overall. A gradient like this quite irritating when reading plain text... This is due to uneven backlighting, the adhesive force on the left side is not as strong bonding the screen together... I hope it will also fade. If not, I'll just see if I get used to it.

Other than that, just minor light bleed like every screen is and no other problems

23. curtisinoc macrumors 6502

My Targus Slim case in on its way . . . sounds like I may be returning it

24. hipnotizer macrumors regular

Yellow screen

My screen is yellow tinted as well. I compared it to my iPad 2 and it is really yellow. Will this mellow over time as the digitizer adhesive cures?

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Like I said. It fits well and I like it except it does not kill the iPad when closed. If fact it can cause it to wake up if you jiggle the cover while closed:mad: