Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaiKirai

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2005
:D still waiting for the multitouch 16 core imac.. with 2 copies of leopard built in. that comes with vista ultimate , office ultimate and linux ultimate... 4 nvidia 8850gts that are compatible with 2 extra ati 2950s XT .. with a 3 terabyte hdd... all in laptop components.. hopefully as skinny as the iphone but a 30" Cinema Display... but those are just my thoughts.. all these predictions are done by thinksecret lol :D ;) :p :apple:

Well, as long as they drop the price.

hdsalinas

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Last week my Dad bought a Gateway Laptop for home use and for my brother to take to school. I tried to make them get a mac mini instead but for the same price as of the mac mini they got a laptop with a 15" screen, better graphic card, more ram and HDD space, It is not hard to see that the gateway was better than the mac mini although it has a serious flaw... it came with Vista.

We need a new MacMini that doesnt feel like such a huge compromise. The base model should come with at least 1GB, larger 80GB HDD, a better video card, and a super drive and with a price starting at $499 . If it comes out I would proudly get one for my parents.

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Porto, Portugal
I'm soooo glad to have bought the 24" iMac last October :D

But seriously, I know this may come as a shock to some of you but, unlike lots of people here, I don't expect the new iMac to be redesigned in any way. IMO it's going to be exactly the same form factor as it was.

Why? C'mon people, we were all hoping for a MacBook Pro redesign too and look, it came out exactly the same as the previous models :)

I may be wrong, but the current shift in Apple's priorities points me in that way.

pcorajr

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
I'm soooo glad to have bought the 24" iMac last October :D

But seriously, I know this may come as a shock to some of you but, unlike lots of people here, I don't expect the new iMac to be redesigned in any way. IMO it's going to be exactly the same form factor as it was.

Why? C'mon people, we were all hoping for a MacBook Pro redesign too and look, it came out exactly the same as the previous models :)

I may be wrong, but the current shift in Apple's priorities points me in that way.

I agree, I am thinking that the new Imac is going to be just a refresh like they did with the MBP, for me this is just what i want. I dont need a new design i really like the current design but i do want new hardware, Apple needs to hurry up and update the hardware on the Imac and the mac mini.

trule

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
I agree, I am thinking that the new Imac is going to be just a refresh like they did with the MBP, for me this is just what i want. I dont need a new design i really like the current design but i do want new hardware, Apple needs to hurry up and update the hardware on the Imac and the mac mini.

If they were going to do "just a refresh" then they would have done it by now...

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Last week my Dad bought a Gateway Laptop for home use and for my brother to take to school. I tried to make them get a mac mini instead but for the same price as of the mac mini they got a laptop with a 15" screen, better graphic card, more ram and HDD space, It is not hard to see that the gateway was better than the mac mini although it has a serious flaw... it came with Vista.

We need a new MacMini that doesnt feel like such a huge compromise. The base model should come with at least 1GB, larger 80GB HDD, a better video card, and a super drive and with a price starting at $499 . If it comes out I would proudly get one for my parents.

As I mentioned in this forum, Apple's getting rid of "low end":

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/311454/

iDave

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2003
If they were going to do "just a refresh" then they would have done it by now...
Too busy with the iPhone...:D

I think the iMac modification will be relatively minor, probably reducing the chin a bit. Mac mini...don't know. It might be replaced, discontinued or simply updated. Hopefully we'll know by the end of the month.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Hasn't the MB started at 1 gig for like 6 weeks now?

yup, and the new ones still haven't arrived in store. they're tryign to get rid of the old ones...yet another reason not to buy from them lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.