$300 Gift Card Through Target for All iPhone 7's Starting This Sunday. This Can Be Stacked With BOGO

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecore762, Mar 21, 2017.

1. psylence2k macrumors 6502

I dont think so ? Everytime I've asked ATT reps or in-store mobile sales people about paying off a next plan in full RIGHT AWAY after getting the phone they've always told me that's perfectly fine. Have you heard something different ?

2. Atomic Walrus, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017

Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Here's the strategy for anyone who wants to take advantage of the BOGO, but doesn't need a new line and also doesn't want to lose a phone number:

-Port one of your numbers to Google Voice. This will cost you $20, but it's better than having to pay for a new line for 30 months and cheaper/easier than porting to an MVNO.
    -Remember that if this line already has a NEXT plan on it you'll need to pay that off, because from AT&T's perspective you're canceling that line from your plan. Do NOT cancel the line through AT&T; that happens automatically as part of the port.
    -As soon as that goes through (~24 hours), go to https://www.google.com/voice/unlock and unlock the number for porting.
    -head to the store and buy your phones; one as an upgrade to an existing line, the second as a "new line" as a port in from Google Voice.

As others have pointed out, the BOGO deal is an automatic process in the AT&T system. As long as you:
    -Buy one iPhone with NEXT on an existing line,
    -Then buy a second with NEXT on a NEW or PORTED line,
    -And do both DURING THE PROMO PERIOD (and, I believe, within 14 days of each other),

Then the bill credits should start to appear within a few months. It's definitely an absurdly convoluted process, and it's especially frustrating that you receive no explicit indication that you've successfully triggered the deal until long after your return period is up, but it does work.

Now, here's the big problem: This deal ends on 4/1, otherwise known as this Saturday, so the best stacking you're going to be able to do is with the current BestBuy Next discounts.

3. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

YAY! Whats up Minneapolis!

4. psylence2k macrumors 6502

Nice work around, Have you actually done this before ?

5. DUIduckSAUCE Suspended

DUIduckSAUCE

Thank you. I will file this away for future use.

6. thecore762 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice, I might just do that for one of my other two lines.