30min Convo w Apple Rep! Some new info!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHeartsteve, Mar 9, 2012.

1. iHeartsteve, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Talked to a very nice apple rep for half hour. Had some small talk about Verizon etc.

Anyways, I found out apple's return policy is really 30 days but they put 14 days on receipt! And if I had gotten ipad2 from online she would have issued me refund and swap for the 3 on the phone. She told me to return it so I get my money back at the store and either keep it and buy the 2 or just get the ipad 3 when it comes out.

She said Ipad2 is officially backordered and will ship out the 19th now and may not get to customers until the 26th.

Looks like I might be getting some $ back or camping out on the 16th now!

UPDATE: Since I don't want to start pandemonium, the inital wave of preorders are complete. The entire inventory of ipad3 did not 'backorder'

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The best most accurate source of Apple's policies on returns, and all other issues is found at Apple.com

This assures that there are no misunderstandings.

3. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

Did this really warrant an ENTIRELY brand new thread? why not just update the thread you already have going?

also, proofread your OP, Steve. iPad 2 is back ordered? I don't think so.

4. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

I agree just trying to sound important. Why advertise this?

5. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

There are several repeat threads for cases, email notifications and screen res.

I had new news that the initial 'wave' of pre orders are finished. I do believe that warrants a NEW thread.

6. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

it doesn't.

7. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

My new thread is to announce the initial pre order wave is complete and the next one will not go out until the 19th. I explained how I got the news bc I'm sure many people will ask - well how do you know that? Bc I called to ask about my personal ipad2 question and asked about ore ordering my apple tv and the rep confirmed both will not be shipped out till the 19th. The apple tv may not even ship out another 2 weeks she said.

----------

Lol ok. Are you going to post on all the other repeated threads bc it may take you all night.

8. charliex5 macrumors regular

Jeez, give the guy a break. I found his post interesting enough to read it. When did people on MacRumors become so negative? The guy is excited, chill out.

9. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

you're still not getting it. starting new threads and abandoning the original is a big no-no here. In addition to perpetuating a misguided and inflated sense of importance and urgency, you've pissed off the people following the original thread and confused those reading the new one. stick to one thread, update the original post with whatever you have to update, and everyone stays happy.

don't **** with the system. It's in place for a reason.

you must be new here.

10. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

I liked this news.. Glad to know there's actually 30 days to return things.. I doubt I would have read this if it was in some other thread, and it's one of the better things I've read.

At least it's not a "I ordered this but I think I might regret not ordering this other one.." thread. Seems those are O K to people. This guy's just trying to help.

11. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

We clearly disagree b/c announcing that the initial preorders for people to get their ipad3isn't until the 19th now is NEW news. You seem to be more made b/c you somehow think that I THINK I'm more important and that's not the case, which is NOT a repeat thread. I was simply excited that I found out some info. Thats all lol.

Also, why are you 'picking' on charlie? you must be new here?? who cares if he is :)

12. PCClone macrumors 6502a

Gee, you could have gone to the order site and got this big news like everyone else, mister important. -5.

13. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thank you!:D I didn't want to say that. There are much 'boring' repeated threads going on here but I dont want to point them out b/c every1 deserves their on enthusiasm.

----------

Thank you :D

14. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

you're making my point for me. I'm not sure how old you are but adults around here know that being all excited and wanting to be the first to announce something by abandoning one thread in favor of starting a new one is the very definition of an inflated sense of self-importance. it's also synonymous with selfishness and poor delayed gratification skills. but it's all good. I've hijacked your thread good 'n' plenty so Imma let you finish now.

Take your time, I'll wait.

15. bobobenobi macrumors regular

My question for you is this: Which of these two threads demonstrate a higher degree of self-importance? I'm going to have to go with the other thread, though this one (hey look at this news that's plainly visible on store.apple.com) is a close second.

16. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I think you need to look in the mirror. lol. You've completely gone off topic now and are trying to brag about how YOU hijacked my thread???lol. I think YOU pointed out that you have the need to feel self important. You've made this entire discussion about something other than APPLE NEWS.

----------

This is really funny to me that several people are talking about 'self importance' and not about APPLE which is what this forum is for. Not sure what I said that ticked both of you off so much.

There are COUNTLESS other repeat thread on here that many would view as 'boring' or 'old news'.

17. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

Who are you again? A moderator? Oh, yeah. You're not. :rolleyes:

Let people post what they want, and don't go ranting about it when you get annoyed. If anyone has displayed immaturity in this thread, it's you.

----------

Back on topic, iPad 3 shipping dates are slipping. I'm glad I pre-ordered when I had the chance. :D

18. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

I get that you're new here, but are you new to the internet too?

[​IMG]

I take it sarcasm isn't your first language ;)

19. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Thank you! I needed some relief :) Congrats on your pre-order! Which model did you buy ???

20. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

16GB wifi black. I can't wait!!! :D

21. iHeartsteve thread starter macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

LOL this has just officially displayed YOUR immaturity as the other poster (3dflyboy) mentioned. I think I'm done arguing w a WALL.

----------

awesome! thats what I have :) Did you have the ipad2 also???

22. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

No, I had the iPad 1 until about 3 months ago. It's gonna be a huge upgrade for me.:)

23. Nightprowler macrumors regular

Is this a Kanye reference? The epitome of maturity.

24. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

I see you speak sarcasm fluently. oh, and satire.

you so perceptive!

25. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Geeze you try way too hard. I'm sure there are plenty who would have found this information useful. There are certainly worse threads out there.