32GB 3gs housing replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Super Intendo, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Super Intendo macrumors regular

My incase slider has created lots of small scratches on the back of my 3gs and i want to replace the back case, the only problem is, all the replacement backs i find online are for 3g, not 3gs, and they only say 16gb.

does anybody know where i can find a new back for my 32gb 3gs?

2. lollicup macrumors regular

Your going to void your warranty and possibly mess up you iPhone because of some light swirls

:rolleyes:

3. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

the warranty is already void because I cracked the screen.

No... I didnt open the phone up, I payed apple two hundred dollars to replace the front for me, and yet still that voids the warranty somehow :rolleyes:

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you paid the $200 to replace your screen, then your warranty is still there. Warranty doesn't covered accidental damage. So, your warranty will kick in when something in the phone fails by no fault of your own.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Or maybe get another case to cover up the scratches caused by the previous case :)
    Its not worth going thru all that hassle for a few scratches, its only a phone......

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I'm sorry but the 1st Gen iPhone, is not just a phone. It is what started the whole current mobile revolution. It deserves greater respect than what the current iPhone 3G or 3GS have.

1st Gen iPhone was the phone that never had network problems.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you say so :D
    I guess if you want to keep it for display or as a collectors item then go for it.
    If you're like me that gets a new one every year then I wouldnt worry that much.

Actually I just noticed he's talking about a 32GB 3gs housing, I dont know where you got 1st Gen Iphone from.

8. lollicup macrumors regular

nope

if you paid $199 to fix your phone your screen your original warranty is still good

9. Knolly macrumors 6502a

3G housing will work perfectly on the 3GS, I've done it. I'm yet to see one that says 32gb, but that doesn't change the fact that you have 32gb inside the phone.

10. markusw macrumors newbie

Last night, I helped a co-worker of mine replace his back housing on his 3G :cool:. It took us about 3 hours to complete (and a lot of frustration). We were really surprised that after having taken it apart a few times because of fitting issues (and carelessness), his phone still worked :eek: in the "blue" (look more like purple) housing. The only reason he replaced his was because it was cracking and we were replacing the front glass at the same time. After having changed a housing, I would only replace my housing over cracks or "just to be different", not for swirl marks or a scratch.

BTW, don't let the fear of voiding the warranty stop you from having fun.

11. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It deserves "respect." :eek: My 86 yr old mother and father deserve RESPECT. A judge on the Supreme Court deserves RESPECT. Clergy deserve RESPECT.

This is a plastic inanimate object we're talking about here.

Wow ... this place IS scarey. There are a lot of people here that really need to get a life.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you. It gets rediculous some times.
    People need to get out of the house and get a real life....

13. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

you would have a perfect iphone had you bought a case for it when you got it