Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Planner

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
I love this app!! The UI is the leader for all iPhone web browsers and the functionality is great though lacking in some execution. Several shortcomings that i'd like to report to the developer:

1. Download manager should allow files to be opened in foreign apps detected on iPhone. Eg AVI files to open in VLC. Icab has this feature.
2. File manager and downloaded files should be accessible through iTunes file sharing not just wifi file sharing.
3. File manager should be able to extract zip and rar files. Again Icab has this feature.
4. Long tap should indicate option to 'download file' rather than 'open file'. Also when i download a file it never downloads and I get an error. Most of the time I have to copy the URL and paste into download manager.
5. Speed, slightly slower than other browsers.
6.downloading files should not only show download status but also time remaining for download and speed of download.
7. Browser should also allow mimic of iPhone safari browser. I have been using the google search beta but this doesnt seem to work on this browser.

That is a massive wish list but this for me would make this the most superior browser. I am using 360 whilst typing this and I have bought all the themes too!!! Keep up the good work!!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi SandboxGeneral, there are only 2 free themes give with the app which are Blue Edge and Jaded, the other one is the premium theme. Going by the description of the theme it is the Carbon theme which you have got. Just select Carbon theme and apply to have the App take care of it.

Cheers
DP-Prodigy

ah ha! Thanks. I got it now. All I could remember was the red lining to the theme and the Carbon color threw me off.

Thanks again!

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
I love this app!! The UI is the leader for all iPhone web browsers and the functionality is great though lacking in some execution. Several shortcomings that i'd like to report to the developer:

1. Download manager should allow files to be opened in foreign apps detected on iPhone. Eg AVI files to open in VLC. Icab has this feature.
2. File manager and downloaded files should be accessible through iTunes file sharing not just wifi file sharing.
3. File manager should be able to extract zip and rar files. Again Icab has this feature.
4. Long tap should indicate option to 'download file' rather than 'open file'. Also when i download a file it never downloads and I get an error. Most of the time I have to copy the URL and paste into download manager.
5. Speed, slightly slower than other browsers.
6.downloading files should not only show download status but also time remaining for download and speed of download.
7. Browser should also allow mimic of iPhone safari browser. I have been using the google search beta but this doesnt seem to work on this browser.

That is a massive wish list but this for me would make this the most superior browser. I am using 360 whilst typing this and I have bought all the themes too!!! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the suggestions. We have noted them down and they should keep us busy for a while but we will be implementing each and every one of them.

@SandboxGeneral : We are glad to help :)

Cheers,
DP-Prodigy

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
Hi Guys,
360 Browser has been just updated to 2.0.1 to enable users on 3G to download the app too :)... Requesting all to review us again if it's not much of a hassle [ since we don't want to miss out the awesome reviews :) ].

Cheers,
Digital Poke Crew

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Guys,
360 Browser has been just updated to 2.0.1 to enable users on 3G to download the app too :)... Requesting all to review us again if it's not much of a hassle [ since we don't want to miss out the awesome reviews :) ].

Cheers,
Digital Poke Crew
I was wondering why it wouldn't let me download the update, then one day I pressed update, and it downloaded fine...I was like...what, did at&t raise the MB limit? If only, if only. :D

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
I was wondering why it wouldn't let me download the update, then one day I pressed update, and it downloaded fine...I was like...what, did at&t raise the MB limit? If only, if only. :D

:D.... surprised ya :)

360 Bling Theme Update ] We have just rebundled Bling.... long tap the Bling theme -> Clear bundle and apply Bling again to have full screen bar in its full glory :)

Warm Wishes For Festive Season,
Entire Digital Poke Crew

Mr Planner

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We have noted them down and they should keep us busy for a while but we will be implementing each and every one of them.

@SandboxGeneral : We are glad to help :)

Cheers,
DP-Prodigy

Awesome, great to hear positive feedback from the developer. When can we expect the update to come through?

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
Awesome, great to hear positive feedback from the developer. When can we expect the update to come through?

Hi Mr Planner,
We have just pushed the update out for Apple's Approval... :D, incorporated as many requests as we can in the available Time Frame.

360 Update ] Another awesome update has been pushed for Apple's Approval :)... Brings support for Latest Firefox Sync among these added goodies :

✔ Firefox Sync Latest Version Support Added
✔ Added 7 Multi Touch Gestures to customize over 15 features
✔ Automatic Downloads
✔ Forced Downloads [ Based on Extensions ]
✔ Download now tracks Speed and Remaining Time
✔ File Manager now extracts Zip File
✔ Added iTunes File Sharing + E-Mail Files
✔ Forced Mobile Search
✔ Support for Foreign Language in Search
✔ Default Browser Orientation now Mimics iPhone Safari
✔ Major Performance Upgrades

foomex

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2008
I downloaded this yesterday because I read of it here.
I did it despite having 0 reviews in the Mexican store.

10 minutes after I was almost looking for a refund but I just got frustrated fast, so, I'll use this thread to try to love it.

First off, themes are more expensive than the app itself. Lame, ok, there, I said it..... NOW

1)When I'm browsing and want to go back to another app or just hit the home button, and then go back to 360, the tabs I were exploring are clear.
2)How do the flash video plugins work? I clicked play on Vimeo on a random video and it won't load.

I still need to explore it more. Thanks! :D

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
DP-Prodigy

Thanks for the code....however, 360 Browser that you created..........................replaced my safari lololol

I love the look of it.....its faster then safari....what a great browser.

The ONLY con I have on it would be: When going to a web address, it doesn't automatically highlight the current address in the bar. I would have to click the "X" to cancel out the address and enter a new one. If you can somehow set it up like safari where it automatically highlights the address so i can just begin typing the URL instead hitting "X" and then entering the address.....

Also, when going into your history, when you click on an address, you have to press enter for it to go to that address. Can you make it where once you click the address it goes there automatically avoiding the enter/go button? Thanks

Updating*

I switched back to the native safari browser. Only because of the above suggestion that has yet to be implemented. It is really irritating to keep pressing the "X" in order to clear out the url and enter a new one.

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
I downloaded this yesterday because I read of it here.
I did it despite having 0 reviews in the Mexican store.

10 minutes after I was almost looking for a refund but I just got frustrated fast, so, I'll use this thread to try to love it.

First off, themes are more expensive than the app itself. Lame, ok, there, I said it..... NOW

1)When I'm browsing and want to go back to another app or just hit the home button, and then go back to 360, the tabs I were exploring are clear.
2)How do the flash video plugins work? I clicked play on Vimeo on a random video and it won't load.

I still need to explore it more. Thanks! :D

Hi foomex,
Hopefully, we will make you love the App :D. Themes are costly cause the App is at $0.99, once the App gets to $1.99... Themes prices will be slashed to $0.99. The reason is the same, either we would have levied charge on all the users by taxing them on features or we make premium themes which actually deserve those prices [ there are 600 + images which are getting changed, with text and positioning and it took our experts a lot of time to get them right ].

1)When I'm browsing and want to go back to another app or just hit the home button, and then go back to 360, the tabs I were exploring are clear. : If you can elaborate the Settings on which 360 Web Browser is running then probably we will be able to solve the issue better. A wild guess is you are having your start up option as homepage and are either running 360 with no multitasking support or terminating it. Anyway, do provide us with more info. We really love to solve these issue... it helps us in improving the 360 Experience.

2)How do the flash video plugins work? I clicked play on Vimeo on a random video and it won't load. You will have to install Clip Converted Plugin from Settings - ] Add Plugins, once done, When you are on any supported video, just fire the clip converter plugin wait for the conversion to finish and download the video or play it :).

Hope this helps improve our chances of staying with you :).

Cheers,
DP-Prodigy

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
360 Web Browser ] Version 2.0.2 is out, adds support for latest firefox sync, Automatic Downloads, Gestures, Extract Zip Files and more.

Cheers,
Digital Poke Crew

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
Updating*

I switched back to the native safari browser. Only because of the above suggestion that has yet to be implemented. It is really irritating to keep pressing the "X" in order to clear out the url and enter a new one.

Hi Neverbepeace, Please bear with us till version 2.1 which incorporates your suggestion as well. We had to do some rewiring which meant implementing your suggestion got a bit delayed. Sorry :(.

Mr Planner

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Just updated the latest update and the Overall performance is much better. ITunes file sharing and gestures are a great addition. Just a few other features worth noting for the future:
- 'open with' function in file manager is a must. Eg this will give users the ability to open AVI files in VLC and word/excel docs in quick office etc.
- long tap should allow for option to 'download file' rather than 'open' or 'copy url' etc. Forced downloading works most times but doesn't on rare occasions.
- iTunes File Sharing should not show all the random/misc system files. Also downloads should not be shown in a single 'downloads' folder as iTunes does not allow you to open folders, hence you have to paste the entire folder to your PC. Files should be shown individually.

Everything else is sublime. Well done

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
@Mr Planner : We are trying to get to implement most of those suggestions as well :D.

@i3igsmooth5769 & @ JRSY37 : Thanks, You made us smile :).

ohhh and i almost forgot, Don't buy Bling or Blush as they will be going free from version 2.1.

Cheers,
DP-Prodigy

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
‎360 Web Browser gets its own Media Player, Background Downloading in V 2.1. The update has been pushed for Apple's Approval.

Key features Include :

✔ Media Player
✔ Background Downloading
✔ Background Music Support
✔ Crash-Restore [ Restore your open tabs incase of crash ]
✔ File Manager supports ZIPPING Folders
✔ File Manager supports Inter-app exchange [ Open in external applications like iBooks or Good Reader ]
✔ Basic Authentication Support + Store Password
✔ Invalid Certificates Support + Store Exception
✔ Saved Pages can be Integrated with Bookmarks [ Off by Default ]
✔ Two Paid Themes are now Free [ Bling & Blush ]
✔ Search Bar can now be cleared on Focus [ Off by Default ]
✔ Searches can be made automatically [ Off by Default ]
✔ Address Bar can now be cleared on Focus [ Off by Default ]
✔ URLs can be loaded automatically [ Off by Default ]
✔ Bookmarklet support to open page in 360 Browser from Safari
✔ OPTIMIZED Searching for improved Performance
✔ FIXED Issue that was effecting some users from accessing AJAX Sites
✔ FIXED Firefox Sync issue caused when RSS type bookmarks were imported to 360 Bookmarks

iTunes URL : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/360-web-browser-download-manager/id387737097?mt=8

Cheers,
Digital Poke Crew

Fedorov

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Inter-app exchange... does this mean I can transfer any downloads to my dropbox account using the dropbox app or do I need to wait until you add native dropbox upload/download support?

Sounds like an awesome update, probably pushed me over the edge to buy and try to replace my iCab :)

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
Inter-app exchange... does this mean I can transfer any downloads to my dropbox account using the dropbox app or do I need to wait until you add native dropbox upload/download support?

Sounds like an awesome update, probably pushed me over the edge to buy and try to replace my iCab :)

Thanks Fedorov :),
Inter-app exchange means that the files from 360 Browser can be opened in other apps as well (provided they support it)... haven't looked into the dropbox app yet but i am sure they must support it. Some of the famous apps that support inter-app exhange are good reader, vlc, etc.

Native Dropbox upload / download support coming soon... version 3.0 is gonna be pushed for Apple's approval by Wednesday [ that is if they approve 2.1 before Wednesday ].

3.0 brings iPad support / 2 new Themes and some more added goodies.

Cheers,
DP-Prodigy

Ohhh and before i forget again
=====================

Emoji Pro | Best Emoticon Keyboard!

iTunesArtwork.png

Digital Poke brings you Emoji Pro, an app that enables over 460 emoticons and smileys in your iOS Device.

Emoji Pro is free till 1'st Feb

Emoji Pro | Best Emoticon Keyboard! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

shad45

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2011
Great app guys keep up to good work. btw can you delete downloads from your Ipod/Iphone? or this till to be added to the download manager?

DP-Prodigy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2010
Dallas
Great app guys keep up to good work. btw can you delete downloads from your Ipod/Iphone? or this till to be added to the download manager?

Hi Shad45,

Thanks for the appreciation :D.

You can definitely delete downloaded files. To do that goto File Manager, touch the plus icon situtated at the extreme right and without lifting your finger drag the selection to delete icon once the plus icon extends itself to delete a particular file or folder.

With Best Regards,
Digital Poke Crew

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.