38mm vs 42mm On Wrist Comparison

b3nnyboy

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2015

bowent

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2015
I'm also wondering which one to go beetween 38 and 42...

I'm usually wearing a speedmaster(42mm) or a seamaster(41mm), which looks fine to me on my 180mm wrist, so my first though was a 42 iwatch, but i'm more and more thinking that it will look bulky because of it's rectangular form so maybe the 38mm is a better choice.

and btw -> 41mm seamaster on my 180mm wrist
http://41.media.tumblr.com/89ba5c9eb14f35cf0ebfc3213c40c82e/tumblr_nmhrukpGEV1tka402o1_1280.jpg
What is 41mm referring to in a circular face though? And how is that comparable to 41mm rectangle?

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
42 looks fine on your wrist. If you want a stainless watch just get the silver stainless and a pink band of some sort.
NOPE. 42 is definitely not fine for small wrist person It is TOO big for a small wrist. The 42 size sticks out like a sore thumb and screams proclaiming the wearer for the pride of having more expensive Apple Watch for attention and this is so pity. Besides, the sticking out size does make ugly look.

Reactions: garymontague

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
NOPE. 42 is definitely not fine for small wrist person It is TOO big for a small wrist. The 42 size sticks out like a sore thumb and screams proclaiming the wearer for the pride of having more expensive Apple Watch for attention and this is so pity. Besides, the sticking out size does make ugly look.
What size Watch do you have?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
You state this like it's fact, when indeed it's not and highly anecdotal.Every wrist size is different. The 42 MM doesn't "Scream" of having the more expensive Watch. Then clearly you have never seen or worn an Invicta or Omega. The Apple Watch isn't even half the size of those Watches. Even the Moto 360 and Huawei Smart Watch supersede the size of the Apple Watch. Do those scream Wanting "Attention" as well?

The 42 MM isn't intended on grabbing anyone's attention for the sake of 'Attention.' It serves its purpose based on the users screen preference and wrist size. Judging from your post, it appears You are hating on the Watch more than are supporting the 38 MM. You sound like you don't even own one to make a statement like this.

TxWatch

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2015
Texas
You state this like it's fact, when indeed it's not and highly anecdotal.Every wrist size is different. The 42 MM doesn't "Scream" of having the more expensive Watch. Then clearly you have never seen or worn an Invicta or Omega. The Apple Watch isn't even half the size of those Watches. Even the Moto 360 and Huawei Smart Watch supersede the size of the Apple Watch. Do those scream Wanting "Attention" as well?

The 42 MM isn't intended on grabbing anyone's attention for the sake of 'Attention.' It serves its purpose based on the users screen preference and wrist size. Judging from your post, it appears You are hating on the Watch more than are supporting the 38 MM. You sound like you don't even own one to make a statement like this.
+1

He is a troll who has made the same comment on other threads about the 42mm being too large for someone's wrist. I doubt he even owns a Watch.