3D Touch stopped working on some apps... anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Advil, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Advil macrumors 6502a

Even after a restore to new and a phone swap my 3D Touch doesn't work on Maps, Apple Store, Messages, Instagram, Twitter and many others from the home screen. Anyone else getting the rapid burst of the vibration indicating no 3D Touch option available or something?

2. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I had this for a lot of apps when I first got my phone, but then 3D Touch options became available after I opened the apps at least once and maybe even used them for a little bit. You may need to try a hard reboot or something too.

3. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

i've opened maps and app store countless times =\

4. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

Yep same here some work and some don't. Mail, App Store, music and a few more don't work with the icon but function once your in the app. And there no way to reset then since you can't delete and reinstall.

6. Vizxyn macrumors member

Vizxyn

I also gave you my suggestion.

Make sure you reset via iTunes and let it install the software and then when setting up the phone, DO NOT RESTORE. Set it up as a new iPhone. This fixed my issue and now I have all the options.

It was a pain, but it works now.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The other day it wasn't working for music and now it is. I'm unsure how it "decided". I do noticed that messages and phone seems to populate "most frequent" links so maybe it's something to do with that?

My music app lets me launch beats1, which I've literally never launched (lol), so I don't really know what to think.

8. Cyberguycpt macrumors 6502

Cyberguycpt

This is what I'm afraid Of I really did not want to have to restore my phone after I just got it the way that I wanted.

9. Vizxyn macrumors member

Vizxyn

If you do try it, make sure not to restore from a backup because I messed with it all day yesterday and today seeing what it was. Finally got it to that and set up my phone again. It took a while.

Be sure to let me know if it works, if you decided to go that route. It just drove me crazy so I decided to go ahead and do it.

10. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

check accessibility setting. is it disabled?
    if you do restore as new, obviously this thing is set to on as default. if you do restore, then it would've restored your prior settings.

11. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

i deleted and reinstalled apps like instagram/twitter but still nothing. very odd.

12. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

which apps dont work? what happens to you?

14. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I have an issue where 3D Touch will stop working for me in a random app. The only fix I have found is to close all apps and restart the phone.

15. mobutt macrumors 6502

Instagram, music, maps, photos, many others. The menus just won't appear. The screen just vibrates as if they don't have a 3D Touch menu.

16. Che Castro macrumors 603

Take some ibuprofen and restore the phone as new in iTunes

17. Vizxyn macrumors member

Vizxyn

You should have said take some Advil. :p

18. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

did that and even got a phone swap for an unrelated issue. same problem on another phone (even after a restore as new)

19. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

same

20. mobutt macrumors 6502

The other day with my 6S which I returned now, it wasn't working for music for a couple of hours and then randomly started working. Hopefully overnight this solves itself.

21. mobutt macrumors 6502

22. Advil thread starter macrumors 6502a

I talked to apple support chat and sent them a video showing this. they were stumped but they forwarded it to engineering.

23. mobutt macrumors 6502

I restored it from a different back up, works now :).