Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Things like push notifications, apps in the background that require an internet connection refreshing constantly, and using apps that require internet connection :)p) will all go toward your data usage. I highly doubt that AT&T is 'sticking' it to you and that you simply just lost track of your usage.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
I'm NOT upgrading.
Than the issue is your own fault
I too started with the unlimited plan, but downgraded because I was rarely using 150mb, but as soon as I scaled back along came the increasing in data used.

I'm guessing that move pissed AT&T off and now they're sticking it to me.

Be forewarned.

Nope, pretty sure they're sticking it me. At least when the throttling-backs begins this fall, I'll be use to AT&T d!@king me over.

I doubt AT&T cares about one customer changing their dataplan.

MissyD

macrumors member
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

AT&T has a "known issue" as they called it. It's a billing issue and they will credit you back the overage. It took me five customer service reps and two stores, but I found someone who had seen it recently. Mine started this billing period. Four days into my billing cycle I used three times my typical monthly usage. They acknowledged the problem and said they are trying to fix it. Until they do just ask for a credit on the overage and they will issue it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.