Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
Okay okay... just too many people sounding like they think the product is no longer called "iPhone" but "iPhone 3G." Not the case.

it is the iPod never said "iPod Video" on the web site. it only recently moved to say "iPod classic" The title is "iPhone 3G" it not the "3G iPhone" its "iPhone 3G" its a full name not just a new generation designation.

benmrii

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2007
FL
it is the iPod never said "iPod Video" on the web site. it only recently moved to say "iPod classic" The title is "iPhone 3G" it not the "3G iPhone" its "iPhone 3G" its a full name not just a new generation designation.

Another few examples on how you are misreading this:

At the website apple.com/iphone (not apple.com/iphone3g) you will notice that "3G" is noticeably smaller with less-bold text than "iPhone" and on a separate line.

Also, the new ad refers to the phone that can beat the iPhone, "The new iPhone ... 3G."

Aside from the utter idiocy that it would be to literally and fully change the name of a groundbreaking product to include a specific type of technology that will be outdated in the near future, the entire history of all Apple products vastly out-proves your vague memory of a webpage advertisement from almost three years ago for one of the several examples I produced.

It's a distinction, not a new name. Let it go.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
People! I repeat... the new 3G iPhone is now called BOB.
It's official because AT&T code named it as so...

Will you stand in line for BOB?
I can't decide which color BOB I should get.
I hope I don't scratch the hell out of the back of my BOB.
I can't wait to get my hands on BOB and touch BOB.... wait.... umm.... okay maybe iPhone is better. :D

Fonzijr1964

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Maryland
People! I repeat... the new 3G iPhone is now called BOB.
It's official because AT&T code named it as so...

Will you stand in line for BOB?
I can't decide which color BOB I should get.
I hope I don't scratch the hell out of the back of my BOB.
I can't wait to get my hands on BOB and touch BOB.... wait.... umm.... okay maybe iPhone is better. :D

WTF

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.