3G iPhone revealed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sassenach74, May 19, 2008.

1. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's hard to tell what's the case and what's the iPhone

Glowing ring thing is an interesting possibility.

3. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I agree it is hard to figure out what part is the case and what part is the phone. I don't think it's that dramatically different to the original iPhone is it?

Looking at it again, it could be that it isn't a ring, and infact its a cut out on the case making it appear that way.
    I'm having no luck getting to their website, either from the link, or direct to the home page, probably taking a pounding from people like us.

Edit: Got to home page, well almost anyway, and its showing 2 items for 3g iPhone, and as 'released' (the cases).
    Edit2: Seems I was right about the cut-out making it look like a ring.

4. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I like this rendition of the new iPhone. I will also have to agree with others here in saying that it is difficult to tell what part is the case and what part is the new iPhone. I also like the light around the home button. It is a nice feature if it is true.

5. mark0429 macrumors newbie

6. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

So if indeed this is really the shape/size of the 3g version, it would be fair to say it has the same usable screen dimensions, but the overall dimension is bigger (the space under earpiece), i.e it's slightly longer, and could this be what was meant by that remark the German guy made about it being bigger?
    (Although that rumor was denied).

7. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

Interesting how they have these cases for sale and clearly call out "3G". If these are available for purchase I wonder what that implies about a pending release.

It looks consistent with the rumors about the subtle design changes.

8. mrowl macrumors regular

9. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I think what makes it interesting is that they actually say these items are released.
    How does this shape compare to them 'leaked' specs earlier (sorry I can't find where that was)

10. iphone529 macrumors regular

this is the worst looking fake yet. i would not buy one if it looked like this, they would def not make it any fatter.

11. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Well I guess the iPhone could look like that... I mean isn't April 2nd around the time that drawing was released from some case manufacturer? I'm not so sure I like the new shape, but we'll see.

12. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

What do you mean if it looked like that? The colour? The shape? The size?
    Most of what you can see there is the case itself, can't tell how different it is really, can only comment on the actual size/shape.
    Why do you say they wouldn't make it fatter?
    What makes you say it's a fake? A fake what? Case?

13. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

have you've been reading any other threads ? everyone is speculating that it will be slightly thicker due to additional components such as GPS.

14. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I can't seem to get to their web page, so this stunt seems to be working for them.

How the heck to you get the phone into the case? It doesn't appear to allow for that. Something's fishy with that design.

15. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

Perhaps its designed a lot like the InCase Slider Case.

16. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I personally have owned a silicon case like that before for my (horrible) tyTN, It's amazing how stretchable (is that a word?) that stuff is.

17. corrado7 macrumors regular

corrado7

you just said the key word: "speculating"

18. iphone529 macrumors regular

Apple is always making things thinner. Why would they release something that is fatter. I think that there will not be GPS on this unit anyway. Apple is very concerned about battery life. why would they have a chip that drains the battery even more than 3g.

Plus look at the picture, the case is very disproportionate to the screen. looks way fake.

19. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

It isn't that far fetched to say it could be slightly fatter is it?

Has anybody heard of/used this company at all?

20. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Per this website, you have at least 4MM of thickness in the case (2MM and 2MM). I think if anything the phone will take on the shape of the Air to give you the perceived appearance that it is thinner if they were required to thicken her up a little (rounding out the edges). If they were able to maintain the overall thickness, then the rounded edges will make it appear thinner then the current iPhone.

EDIT: To me 4MM is a lot. On the Touch it is 50% of it. I am guessing the would keep the overall thickness and round out the edges.

21. sassenach74 thread starter macrumors 65816

sassenach74

22. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

I read somewhere that the next iPhone will be 2.5mm THINNER. Cant remeber where I read that but it was a reasonable source. That then makes this look unlikely.

It also looks exactly like the other apparent leaks from a few weeks back and the Engadget specs that they apparently have. I'm gonna call fake on this one but then again may be made to eat my words...

23. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Three weeks today (and a couple of hours) and all this guessing will/should be over!

24. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

If it is related to Lajo (and it does look like it) I bought cases off them for my first few iPods back in the day. They've been around some time and used to be a pretty big name for iPod cases.

25. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

To me, it looks like speculation on Lajo's part. Perhaps a pre-design used to drum up some free hits on their website.

Notice the image for the iPhone...still uses Cingular as the carrier :rolleyes:

Also, the speaker holes are still the old style. There was talk that they were going with large holes on the bottom.