3G on 4.0 and BT keyboard pairing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by audioteknika, Apr 9, 2010.

1. audioteknika macrumors regular

So.. I guess that's another feature that the 3G won't have.
    Still no luck after trying for the 5th time.

2. jordand321 macrumors member

You do realize that it is a beta and that some features may not be functioning correctly yet?

3. audioteknika thread starter macrumors regular

I do realize it.
    This first beta was only created with 3GS in mind.
    Let's see what will happen in 3 weeks.

4. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I understand the pain most of the 3G iPhone users are going through, I really do. I am one of you. I'm sure some of us were early adapters who paid $600 for an 8gig original Iphone (I waited and paid 300), and then moved up to the 3G a year later. And though seduced by the "S" (as in speed) in the 3GS, I'm sure we were tempted, but stayed with our 3G since there weren't enough new features to move up.

News Flash to us 3G owners, Apple is in business, to make money ! And they claim that the hardware isn't powerful enough to handle multitasking (though Jailbreakers know different), but anyone with half a brain knows that this is a money making ploy. If you want to use the new features, you need the newest hardware. Apple didn't create this, how many people have a Pentium 286 that runs Windows 7 ? It's just the way technology is. Had a beautiful 27 " Sony Vega in the late 90's early 00's, now I have a Samsung 46" HD LCD TV. If you want to use the new features, you have to upgrade, period.

That being said, if you have a 3G like myself, your contract is almost up (Mine is in May, eligible for an upgrade), and you can either get a 3GS, wait for the newest iPhone to come out, or get a different phone if you hate Apple now.

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

This feature would be no great loss to me personally.

As others have said, this Beta will be aimed at the 3GS primarily and sone features such as homescreen wallpaper will be added in due time for the 3G.

I appreciate Apple is a business, but I believe that features should only be omitted when the hardware cannot physically stand up to the task. Wallpapers will happen, of that I'm certain ... it's too simple not to. Bluetooth keyboards, again no strain since the 3G has Bluetooth built in, unless it's a newer standard only found in the 3GS architecture.

Multitasking, as I have said time and again, is not something I expected the 3G to do. It's RAM limitations are well documented.

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

if you want the newest features but dont want to upgrade then jailbreak. Just like MMS to the 2g iphone all the 4.0 features will be ported to the 3G by the jailbreak community.

7. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

IT'S A BETA!!!!

What part of Beta testing do you not understand?

8. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

I don't know about you, but my jailbroken 3G's performance was greatly reduced when multitasking apps. All Jailbreakers have experienced crashing apps when listening to Pandora and doing something else.

Now, the other BS about no bluetooth keyboards and custom backgrounds... give me a break Apple.

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

You are either talking out of your **** or you are in breach of your NDA. Which one?

10. audioteknika thread starter macrumors regular

lol, breach of NDA ? My UUID is registered under a dev account, that's all.
    And no, I'm not talking out of my ***. Try it yourself.

11. theelysium macrumors 6502a

theelysium

AT&T Hardware Upgrade Policy

I wanted to let you all know that AT&T can bump up your upgrade time.

If you go in to a store and ask a sales person to send in a VP/GM Override.

I know this, because I have a family member that works for AT&T Wireless and all of our friends and family upgrade early.

12. scott99 macrumors 6502a

You have been elected president of the morons, lol.