3G S Battery Percentage Never Shows 100%

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by p01ntbLanK, Jun 21, 2009.

1. p01ntbLanK macrumors newbie

I got a 32GB white 3G S on release day and the first night I charged it all night, but when I checked it the next morning, the battery percentage only showed 99%, not 100%. The same thing happened last night and when I checked this morning? Is this normal?

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G3

Mlrollin91

its possible its normal because if you use any of the free memory applications that have the battery meter, it never shows 100% either, only 99%

3. Luna81 macrumors newbie

Mine didn't at first either. Then this morning it did. Something with the batteries?

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm going to go with normal. Many batteries need a few charge cycles to get to full capacity. Or your battery indicator is one off. :D

5. davyreins macrumors 6502

This happens on my friends MacBook Pro, I wouldn't be too worried about it. I know it's a different device, but it shows this might just be a battery thing in general.

6. jaycebeasley macrumors newbie

jaycebeasley

Everytime I've charged my 3G S it's reached 100%. The time between percentage changes is significantly longer once it gets up to about 95%, though. Maybe it's something to help prevent "overcharging" the battery and losing juice?

7. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

I made a similar thread. Right after I made it, it went to 100% haha.

Just keep waiting.

8. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I have found my iPhone does that if I have used the mail app without force quitting it, or restarting iPhone.