3g unresictor 2.3 + ios 4.1 = no working facetime?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ihonda, Oct 18, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

ok so facetime isnt working.. i dont even get a "incoming" facetime call but it keeps showing up as a missed call in recent. ive tried the whole directflagenable as well as having wifi on. is there something im missing? i read thru the my3g thread but didnt really help.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do you have FaceTime enabled? Also, check for updates to 3G Unrestrictor; the developer is very diligent on updating the app every time a jailbreak method is released.

3. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

yes and newest.

4. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

5. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

6. mefromfl macrumors newbie

7. needuhelp macrumors newbie

i have the same problem, if you use two iphones 4.1 & 3g unresictor, then you will have problem, but if one is 4.0.1 and other is 4.1, then it is ok, i try many times already, so i use facebreak now.:confused:

8. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

It works on my iPhone 4 with 4.1 but not when someone on wifi is trying to call while I'm only on 3G. When that's the case the phone doesn't ring and I get a missed call pop-up. For me, FaceTime is working great calling out over 3G to someone on wifi.

I asked the developer about the incoming call issue and he wrote to me this morning saying he's submitting a fix to Cydia later today and it should be up soon.

There hasn't been an update yet. He must have either been delayed or ran into trouble. I'm sure the fix will be out soon.

9. simple20 macrumors regular

For what its worth, I used my3g to talk on facetime over 3g yesterday. Flawless. And, watching youtube videos at regular quality is awesome.

Edit - sorry, misunderstood your question. But still giving good review for my3g. Goodluck with your issue.