3G Unrestrictor broke my Facetime

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by supervelous, Aug 18, 2010.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

well not broke actually. but my facetime would not activate, kept saying Activation unsuccessful. I called ATT and Apple to try and troubleshoot. they had me reset Network settings, reset all settings, checked that I was able to receive texts and was on wifi, reset etc

Got off with them, decided to try and take Phone (facetime) off the 3G Unrestrictor list. when I did Facetime immediately activated and I was able to make a FT call.

Just putting it out there in case anyone else has issues and is jailbroken and has 3G Unrestrictor. I was close to restoring my phone before I figured it out.

sucks bc I paid for it, really only to use facetime over 3G. Maybe i'll try to uninstall/reinstall.

I tries My3G on my original i4, but got warranty replacement and didn't wanna install Rock again.

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I used the trial version of My3G because I wanted to use FaceTime without Wifi as well. Half the time it said "FaceTime failed" and the other half the lag was so bad it wasn't worth it. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

3. readerbreader macrumors regular

i had the same problem. i couldn't use it over wifi....i uninstalled it for the time being. works fine now. haha

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

When I installed 3gUnrestrictor it allowed me to make facetime calls over
    3G:D

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

^ Well, good for you both. Except the OP said he can't get Facetime calls over wifi; don't think he was asking if it was working on 3G. :rolleyes:

OP, I've seen this discussed but not yet resolved over at the modmyi forums. It seems you're not the only one, which may be cause for a refund. It's worth a shot.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Your input is always as valuable as ever jessica.

Instead of coming here and quoting two random people, why not simply post the link to ModMyI and actually do something for once in a blue moon?

8. 2pak macrumors member

My 3G unrestrictor doesnt open any more. It did before but the last couple of days, when I tap it, it opens up with the Loading screen, then just closes. It still runs in the background but it keeps closing?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I get the same issue! Any ideas?

9. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Cracked or official version?

If cracked, go buy the official version and support the devs.

Otherwise, contact the maker of the app (Kim Streich, supportATkstreich-dev.com).

10. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

Call me dense, but I didn't know until now that cracked versions of 3G Unrestrictor exist. Why would anyone want a cracked version of a Cydia app, especially with the fact that it wasn't that long since the iPhone 4 JB was out, so it will take some time before the Cydia app developers make updates and such to ensure everything works right. A cracked app isn't updated, so might have a bunch of bugs in it.

Call me self-righteous -- I just rather purchase an app to support the Cydia/JB ecosystem.

11. winterny macrumors 6502

Agreed. Also, IMHO -- The Apple App Store may be 200,000 apps, but there are probably less than 1,000 apps that are not complete junk, and there are many non-free apps that are worth less than $0. The Cydia store has a lot of apps that are actually worth the money and not terribly expensive, and they have a lot more complex of a job since what they are doing is outside of apple's support -- they can't complain to apple if they find a bug, they just need to make a workaround.

I've actually spent more in the Cydia store than the Apple App Store (though my total spend is under $50 total from both combined)

12. 2pak macrumors member

Thanks! Just emailed Kim! (I have the official version - I always pay for my apps in the appstore or Cydia)

13. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Most of my friends use cracked Cydia apps. I don't know why they do this- they can afford an expensive phone with a relatively expensive monthly plan but can't afford the few dollars to immensely enhance their experience.

They have never purchased an iPhone app before- they apparently jumped straight into the App Store with Installous.

It's disgusting, really.

EDIT: @2pak Be sure to update us on what she says :)